DIY Homemade tumble trimmer

It's shocking how I found this thread just as I ordered some wire mesh and a bucket! Lol yes! I'm super excited to make mine!
Sorry man just saw your messages! I use a wood moisture meter and if I’m tumbling the stuff I’ll try to pull it at like 14% on meter and then I’ll do a day or 2 in paper bags to finish it off! If u tumble when lil more moist then what you’d normally trim if using scissors then u won’t lose quite as much kief! U don’t lose bunches as it is but drier it is more you’ll lose!

Sorry man just saw your messages! I use a wood moisture meter and if I’m tumbling the stuff I’ll try to pull it at like 14% on meter and then I’ll do a day or 2 in paper bags to finish it off! If u tumble when lil more moist then what you’d normally trim if using scissors then u won’t lose quite as much kief! U don’t lose bunches as it is but drier it is more you’ll lose!

IMG_20210810_195315_604.jpg

Look what I made! Lol you inspired me enough :D

Kinda looks like the one I made lol. Mine works but need 15 minutes per load…

Oo 15 minutes is quite a bit, how long do you dry your crop before sending it to the tumbler? I think a good job depends on keeping your buds slightly moist, whilst the outer leaves are crispy, maybe midway through dry. Then drying tumbled buds again.

What's the size of your mesh?? As in the squares?

I am in the process of building one. But, I am doing the Tom's tumbler method of using nylon netting.

Oo 15 minutes is quite a bit, how long do you dry your crop before sending it to the tumbler? I think a good job depends on keeping your buds slightly moist, whilst the outer leaves are crispy, maybe midway through dry. Then drying tumbled buds again.

What's the size of your mesh?? As in the squares?
1/4 inch mesh, I usually tumble them about 5 days in to dry. Stems bend and crack but don’t snap. Outside is crispy but buds are firm. Was wondering if 15 was too long… working on a belt drive using old tape player motor for automation cuz hand cranking gets old.

I prefer mine in the tote cuz it lets me easily save the trim and any lost trichs! Even with lid on tote I’ll have trichs all over the lid that I’ll have to dust off onto trimbin so no lid and especially no tote you’ll have good stuff flying everywhere! I’d try to put that into a big tote or take an end off and make it shorter so it’ll fit so u catch the trim cuz it’ll shave off foxtails too in some cases so you don’t wanna lose anything!

Ive had an idea! What if you made it long and thin. Could you slide it into a large PVC pipe that could easily be brushed clean to collect it all? Maybe at an angle for it to all slide down into a container. I should build this. Just a thought that would dissipate if I didn't write it down.

Wheres the bingo balls great contraption tho I just said oh well and bought a wet trimmer a must have if your growing 100% sativas otherwise kinda overkill reminds me of a Sh!thook (Chinook) rotors how loud it is..

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2021-09-29 040855.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-29 040855.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 67
Wheres the bingo balls great contraption tho I just said oh well and bought a wet trimmer a must have if your growing 100% sativas otherwise kinda overkill reminds me of a Sh!thook (Chinook) rotors how loud it is..
I’m a cheap bastard so $50 was more in my price range! :crying:

Back