Holes in my leaves ? , but looks/seems healthy otherwise, HELP

I had a similar hole issue on my first grow, and I found a small green caterpillar, and that little bugger was a handful to catch, he kept rappelling down til I lost him, took a couple days to finally evicted his little butt. I put him outside, didnt have the heart to kill him since I admired his taste in fine foliage.

Yes , Im still looking/watching out, but hoping/assuming I got it , either the roach bug or maybe if caterpillar hoping it was on one of the leaves I took off ,oh please ,please 🤞
everything is looking great right now.

Last edited:
No signs of any new holes, or bugs, so Im assuming I may have got it, and not sure what kind of bug, im just saying it looks like a roach (???)
OR there was a caterpillar on one of the leaves I removed ?? No matter , seems I got it.:thumbsup:
And it took well to the de-fol .

IMG_6696.jpeg

IMG_6695.jpeg

Hello folks, So I decided to wait until darkness and check it out good and did a kind of heavy de-foliation , I guess hoping to get the leaf(s) carrying any critter(s) on it (probably silly) and when I got done, looking her over again, I found a bug on a leaf, not real sure but looks like a basic cockroach(?) huh. Not sure this was my nemesis or not but glad I did what I did, just hope she can handle it and dont hermie on me with all the stress I put on it being there was talk of hermie/males with this strain, but still glad I did it , hope for the best, Having Fun !!
also thanks for all/any of the help/advice !!

View attachment 1685335View attachment 1685334

picture makes it look huge, no it was pretty small, about half size of my pinky fingernail.
View attachment 1685336
View attachment 1685339
Looks like an Oriental cockroach. They'll feed on decaying organic material in and around the pot. Uncommon for them to eat live leaves but possible. But if it's what I think it is, they can turn into a major problem around the house and you might want to use some legit pesticides around that grow area and hope it didn't lay eggs

Thanks
Im in Florida , bugs everywhere, especially when HOT like now, they like to seek indoors, I keep up with it !!
Never heard of Oriental , but Asian cockroach yes , NOT Asian one !!

Last edited:
I think you are overly concerned. A few small holes in just a few leaves, with no evidence of infestation is insignificant. The total biomass lost looks to be way less than a single leaf! If this still concerns you or the problem recurs, consider using Neem or similar longer-term protective products or use a surfactant/soap-based, pyrethrin or other faster-acting non-persistent pesticide.

NO not overly concerned anymore, just wanted to correct it asap, pretty sure(hope) I did .
Thank You Folks !!!
For what it’s worth…. I like to keep a Spinosad product on hand (Captain Jack’s Dead Bug, or Monterey Garden Spray with spinosad) for any bug problems. It’s non toxic to humans and pets, organic, and has a fairly short half life…. And it’s useful for a variety of pests. Just my two cents :pass:

Back