Live Stoners Hey AFN folk, total newbie first grow.

I'm not really figuring out the live intro thing? Is there a secret or did I just smoke too much?:redcard::baked:

Woohoo aspiring to hit the great outdoors, right on!! Good luck bud! I used T8 flouros for vegging photo plants for many years. Once the plant get 3 nodes(sets of branches) keep the light as close as possible to avoid excess stretching. I also like to do LST training to band the main stalk over 90 degrees to increase secondary branching and also to maximize exposure.
Currently I only see one real flaw in your plan. And that is in your seed. Sounds like your seed are regular not feminized photoperiod plants and there is likely a bunch of males in with the females. So you have to decide how you will sex them otherwise you will end up with a bunch of males later on once they are outside. I think its better to do it sooner than later, so you have to decide how you are going to sex the plants. The easiest, once the plants get 5 sets of branches is to move them into a dark space for 12 hours each day staying consistent on time. Once you see the male preflower signs you discard them and once you see female signs you put them back into the 20+ hours of light and they will revert back to vegetative state and continue to grow. You can also use a timer if all of the plants are the same age.
Reg seeds are a bit of a pain in the butt, which is why feminized seeds(all female) are so desired.

**I am just assuming you are using regular photoperiod seed, based on your seed comment.

Most any nute line will work, some better than others. Dutchpro is good, not expensive. Less is better to start off with!

Most any nute line will work, some better than others. Dutchpro is good, not expensive. Less is better to start off with!
Thanks for the advice. My buddy had told me about General Organics grow box. It comes with 5 different things for around 50$. He said he had used it and it wasn't bad... Also had mentioned some new stuff named Remo but I'm not sure what the price is. Thanks again. Burn one:chimp:

Hello Everyone, boys and girls!
I am totally new to the whole growing scene, been a smoker for quite some time. I'm from Maine, which I'm sure most of you know Marijuana became legal this year!:chimp: So in which case as others I'm sure I decided to try to grow. I don't have an endless disposable income like some. So my grow is pretty low budget to a point but if it's something that is a must I will make it happen. I am totally open to any advice anyone may have. So enough with the boring shiot.... let's get to the real point here right! \.=.

Okay so as I said above I've never grown before and trying to keep it as cheap as possible, so far I have taken a few cardboard boxes, measured carefully, wrapped them in foil (dull side out haha) to make a grow tent. The frame I'm using is a wire bakers rack that has the adjustable shelves. The size is 4ft wide, 17 in deep and 30 high. I have taped the seams with foil tape to eliminate drafts and keep the light in. The tent is located in the dining room closing to the the small kitchen. For now, I have a 4ft shop light with 2 4 ft flourescent bulbs 6500k.

I've been reading a lot of forums here on AFN about new growers and how to start this the right way. I have also checked out newbie tools, Ive ordered a PH meter, 20 ml syringes, a jewelers loupe, and a soil probe. They will be here in 2 days. :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) I have started a hand written journal and planning on doing a journal on here as soon as I figure it out. :p

Ive germinated several seeds, though I'm not sure what kind of plants they are. They have successfully germinated and Ive planted them in red solo cups. Within 5 days they are about 1.5"-2 1/4" tall with small green leaves. I do have a humidity and temperature gage. So far my tent has been running about 78°-84° an 28%-35% humidity. I water using a spray bottle, I use filtered water that is .000 tds/ppm. I have the light described above about 5" above the plants. I plan on getting a small fan when the plants are big enough. I will be posting a couple pictures soon. If anyone has suggestions, please give feedback.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/first-time-growing-journal.58361/

Hey everybody,
Come check out my grow journal any advice is welcomed. :pass:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/first-time-growing-journal.58361/

Update. Day 17. I've started using root drench and grow big both from Foxfarm fertilizers. My box has been running about 83° 57% the plants seem to be doing well and are getting more leaves :baked: Happy St. Patrick's day. :pass:View media item 12012

Attachments

• 20170317_161341.jpg
    20170317_161341.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20170317_161413.jpg
    20170317_161413.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20170317_161441.jpg
    20170317_161441.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 40
They are looking happy bud! Are you goung to transplant into larger containers?
Yeah I just started giving them root drench by foxfarm. I'm hoping to get them a little stronger first. One of my buddy's works at a super market and can get those black floral buckets they keep cut flowers in for free so I'm going to use those and just drill some holes... if I had the money I'd buy air pots but if I drill some holes in the sides also it may work the same... I also got grow big by foxfarm also.. thanks for your input!:pass:

You can make your own airpots, work well. You just don't want to stunt the roots too long. That is all bud

Back