New Grower help with first tent grow???

Yea well if your going with that fan and light you wouldnt need a reducer, just a 6 inch filter.
Depends on strain and pot size. If going for a big strain in 15l pots i would stick with 4 plants.
If going smaller strain and smaller pots (sog style) you could have up to 9
I would do a 4x4 which would give you plenty of space. Keep in mind you'll want room for circulation fan as these babies grow, and it'll give you room to move things around if needed. Like @sanguine mentioned, measure things up and then go for it. If you do the 4x4 then go for the 6 inch ducting, exhaust fan/ carbon combo and you'll be fine. I'd also recommend 600 watt Hps just in case you decide to go with more plants at once. You can always dim it down as needed.
i ordered (4) 3Gal or 10L pots if your in the UK. so i planned on using them and i would like to do a SOG but have to do more reading on it. i am aiming for 1.5 oz per plant weather that happens obv. depends on alot of variables with genetics and growing conditions but i feel that with the 400-600W HID/HPS, fox farm soil trio and their ocean floor soil i should be on my way in the right direction.. i have no experience in NUTES or knowledge about foxfarm products but i remember ALWAYS hearing their name when it came to nutes.(fingers crossed) is there anything else i could take into consideration to get the most out of my autos since i cant clone them?
im committing to the 48"x48"x80" apollo tent but am shopping around for a "more affordable" fan and filter wether its in a kit or seperate.. any advice or help with a link on affordable fans/filter combos or seperate? anything im missing to make this grow complete and ready to go?
as far as the strains i wanna do first i will probably do 4 strains per grow and was thikng of starting out with :
1. Fast Buds- LSD-25 Auto
2.Feminized Seeds-West Coast OG Auto
3.Advanced Female Seeds -AK Auto
4Dr Krippling- Krippleberry Auto

Last edited:
Tons of fan/filter combos on eBay. Small things like humidity/digital thermoters help, ppm/ph meters are great to have .

I've read good things about fast buds, also check out Dinafem and of course Dutch Passions.

As for nutes your ocean forest will provide plenty of nutes for 3-4 weeks easily. I added a tad more worm castings and pearlite to it but that's up to you.

I've read good things about fast buds, also check out Dinafem and of course Dutch Passions.

As for nutes your ocean forest will provide plenty of nutes for 3-4 weeks easily. I added a tad more worm castings and pearlite to it but that's up to you.
i was going to get a dinafem white widow but i opted for the great white auto from Seedsman. so i guess i got the right soil huh? haha i have some extra perlite and vermiculite from a mushroom grow thats been finished could the verm be used in this field?

i was going to get a dinafem white widow but i opted for the great white auto from Seedsman. so i guess i got the right soil huh? haha i have some extra perlite and vermiculite from a mushroom grow thats been finished could the verm be used in this field?
Others may disagree, but as far as the verm I wouldn't add it , may retain moisture too well allowing for some kind of mold potential

Don't go for a cheep fan/filter trip as that's what I did and I'm starting to regret it as the smell is now overpowering I'm on my way for one of these ona blocks to sit in my hall as I know u can't put it near the girls or all my meds will taste of ona fresh linen

Others may disagree, but as far as the verm I wouldn't add it , may retain moisture too well allowing for some kind of mold potential
ok so just some perlite maybe? and i have been reading about FFOF soil and people are talking about how its so nutrient rich that it can burn seedlings ect. what should i do to ensure my babys are alright? i only have experience with mirical grow soil and had to scrap my fist grow (it was 5 bagseeds) a cpl weeks into flowering due to "personal issues" Should i follow FoxFarms feeding schedule at 1/4-1/2 strength since im growing autos? im totally unsure about feeding and all and want to do it right the first time.. pops always said "measure twice, cut once!"

Don't go for a cheep fan/filter trip as that's what I did and I'm starting to regret it as the smell is now overpowering I'm on my way for one of these ona blocks to sit in my hall as I know u can't put it near the girls or all my meds will taste of ona fresh linen
I have actually bought a Mars Hydro Reflector 96 instead of the MH and HPS set up due to heat issues and am thinking of going with the Mars hydro 3' 3"x3' 3"x6' 7" because the old lady said the 4x4 was "too much right now" o well happy wife happy life right? haha i plan on getting a 4" inline for a carbon scrubber for smell, im hoping that will be ok since im tryin to keep noise to a minimum

ok so just some perlite maybe? and i have been reading about FFOF soil and people are talking about how its so nutrient rich that it can burn seedlings ect. what should i do to ensure my babys are alright? i only have experience with mirical grow soil and had to scrap my fist grow (it was 5 bagseeds) a cpl weeks into flowering due to "personal issues" Should i follow FoxFarms feeding schedule at 1/4-1/2 strength since im growing autos? im totally unsure about feeding and all and want to do it right the first time.. pops always said "measure twice, cut once!"

I have actually bought a Mars Hydro Reflector 96 instead of the MH and HPS set up due to heat issues and am thinking of going with the Mars hydro 3' 3"x3' 3"x6' 7" because the old lady said the 4x4 was "too much right now" o well happy wife happy life right? haha i plan on getting a 4" inline for a carbon scrubber for smell, im hoping that will be ok since im tryin to keep noise to a minimum
yep I wouldn't start them directly in the Fox Farms, my method is I take a solo cup cut the bottom off fill my big container with my fox farms or whatever, stick the bottomless solo cup in it, then I scoop all the dirt out the solo cup and use seedling mix or some just regular non nutrient rich potting soil, or coir by the time lil gal makes her way through that cup into soil she should be able to handle it. it's usually easier to avoid MG all together or so im told

I acutally just seen a diagram somewhere with that kind of method with the cup but they were using it for hydro purposes so i coukd just go to lowes or home depot and find a seedling soil? Or should i check an online store? And what feeding should i follow? FF's im assuming but not at full strength . What would everyone reccomend?

I actually just seen a diagram somewhere with that kind of method with the cup but they were using it for hydro purposes so i coukd just go to lowes or home depot and find a seedling soil? Or should i check an online store? And what feeding should i follow? FF's im assuming but not at full strength . What would everyone reccomend?
Lets make it easy and erase chance for failure.
1. got to any walmart, pet store, local hydroshop, etc buy one brick of coir
2. place brick in a 5 gallon bucket with lid
3 heat up approximately 2us gallons of water to a full rapid boil
3 pour the water over your brick of coir in bucket
4 place lid on bucket and forget it
5 now several hours later or as soon as temps come down you have a full bucket of pasteurized nutrient free grow medium

If using above it would be good to use some type of root enhancing/promoting formula I can't recommend a specific one I only have exp with General Hydroponics rapid start but will say it does the trick.

Another mix and this could be used through every phase of growth not just seedling.
1. bag of Peat moss (I use spanish but any will work)
2. bag of topsoil (ordinary plain whatever is cheapest at Lowes/HomeDepot)_
3. bag of perilite
4 approximately 1- 1.5 cups of lime of lime

Mix all above together

Many will probably disagree with me and my methods with regards to feeding but aside from small amount of rapid start added during watering I don't feed period 1st weeks, my logic is that I want to allow my root mass to begin to build without trying to compensate for too high of this not high enough of that etc. I love chemistry but there are times where mistakes can be corrected, seedling phase isn't one of those times.

Come home from work, pull in the driveway and soon as you exit the vehicle you're like "damn I must of bought the cheapest pos filter/fan they had" My 1st grow IO didn't have 1 and ran 6 Delicious seeds(cheese candy) and oh yea it was really like that

Back