*Help* Seedling with yellow tips?

Hemposapien

Happy Growing!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Terple,
High Y'all!

I've started 4 Moby Dick XXL seeds by Dinafem. So 2 of them look great, 1 went limp and died for some reason so I replanted another seed in its place. The one I have a question about is 1 of them also has yellow tips. I guess I have two questions, How can I fix this? And Why did it happen?

Attachments

• IMG_20200105_222444.jpg
    IMG_20200105_222444.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200105_222418.jpg
    IMG_20200105_222418.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20200104_141934.jpg
    IMG_20200104_141934.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20191228_141907.jpg
    IMG_20191228_141907.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 77
High Y'all!

I've started 4 Moby Dick XXL seeds by Dinafem. So 2 of them look great, 1 went limp and died for some reason so I replanted another seed in its place. The one I have a question about is 1 of them also has yellow tips. I guess I have two questions, How can I fix this? And Why did it happen?
Welcome! Is this your first grow? Nice neat set up. What is your medium, nutrients, temps, ph, rh, etc?

Welcome! Is this your first grow? Nice neat set up. What is your medium, nutrients, temps, ph, rh, etc?

Thanks, it's my first indoor grow but I've grown outdoors for a few years. This is my set up.
Lighting: Mars Hydro TS1000 (150W Full Spectrum) + 2 Additional 30 W Clip on LED lighting from Amazon will be added when flowering starts. So in total 210W in total.

Ventilation: -AC Infinity 4" Inline Duct Fan with temperature and humidity control.
-20 W Monkey Fan by Secret Jardin

Structure: 2.7ft x 2.7 ft x 6 ft Secret Jardin HS80

Medium/Nutes: - Canna Coco Coir mixed with Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4 and Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4 + 10% Perlite
(4 tbsp of Gaia Green Nutes per gallon of Canna Coco, 75% 4-4-4 & 25% 2-8-4)

Temp/humidity: The temperature consistently stays around 72-77°F and the humidity stays steady at 35%

pH: when germinating I kept the pH at around 6.0 but now I water with a pH of 6.5

And Why did it happen?

psst, it happened becuz -> randomness rulez the universe! :yay: but then again, humidity at only 35%-? :yoinks: that'z way too low for seedlingz & needz to be up around 70% or so the first few dayz ;) ppp

psst, it happened becuz -> randomness rulez the universe! :yay: but then again, humidity at only 35%-? :yoinks: that'z way too low for seedlingz & needz to be up around 70% or so the first few dayz ;) ppp

Yeah I agree, that's why I put homemade humidity domes over them in hopes to raise the humidity level.

Thanks, it's my first indoor grow but I've grown outdoors for a few years. This is my set up.
Lighting: Mars Hydro TS1000 (150W Full Spectrum) + 2 Additional 30 W Clip on LED lighting from Amazon will be added when flowering starts. So in total 210W in total.

Ventilation: -AC Infinity 4" Inline Duct Fan with temperature and humidity control.
-20 W Monkey Fan by Secret Jardin

Structure: 2.7ft x 2.7 ft x 6 ft Secret Jardin HS80

Medium/Nutes: - Canna Coco Coir mixed with Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4 and Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4 + 10% Perlite
(4 tbsp of Gaia Green Nutes per gallon of Canna Coco, 75% 4-4-4 & 25% 2-8-4)

Temp/humidity: The temperature consistently stays around 72-77°F and the humidity stays steady at 35%

pH: when germinating I kept the pH at around 6.0 but now I water with a pH of 6.5
Dirt girl here, so I’m not really much help. Hopefully the coco / hydro growers can chime in.
A ph of 6.5 is spot on for soil, but might be too high for coco. Also, these little girls don’t need much in the way of nutes early on.
I always use humidity domes and a saucer with wet towel in the tent if my humidity is low . . Your ventilation/ filtration set up looks great.

Hi BCBud,

I got all of my advice from Mr. Canuck Grows. He's an amazing grower of autoflowers. Here's a link of him talking about nutrients.

It just confused me how they all were treated the same but only 2 out of the 4 look healthy.

Hi BCBud,

I got all of my advice from Mr. Canuck Grows. He's an amazing grower of autoflowers. Here's a link of him talking about nutrients.

It just confused me how they all were treated the same but only 2 out of the 4 look healthy.

At work currently, so a video gotta wait. I’ll look forward to watching this evening. Always good to learn. One day I’ll look into coco growing. Truth is , I’m lazy and organic supersoil allows me to toss out my ph pen, dump some water on them every couple of days and still pull some decent flower.
I’m subbed for your grow!!!

Yeah I agree, that's why I put homemade humidity domes over them in hopes to raise the humidity level.

dunno if u've been doin it, but it helpz to give a couple squirtz of mist up inside the domez ;) ppp

Hi 420Forever,

I never did that but just did it for the one seed I'm hoping germinates lol. Anyways, got good news I think. The yellow tipped seedling has grown new perfectly green leaves, which I'm guessing is a good thing? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Also , I just realized that the leafs were visible in my previous pic but it wasn't as prominent as it is today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200106_134125.jpg
    IMG_20200106_134125.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
Back