Help me diagnose please...

I will take you up on that. Ive always tried to keep it higher due to cal-mag issues with the LED's but its still ealry stages and id rather deal with that rather than whatever it is thats making them look like this

Keep an eye on the new growth and see what happens as it grows in. I just saw a seedling grown from old seed and it looks exactly like yours, twisted up. I am thinking genetics, but pH is also a concern. I always have to add calmag all the time to my plants until they are close to harvest with my lights. I try for 5.6-5.8 in hydro, but since I have AuoPots now too it's about 5.9-6.0 .

Keep an eye on the new growth and see what happens as it grows in. I just saw a seedling grown from old seed and it looks exactly like yours, twisted up. I am thinking genetics, but pH is also a concern. I always have to add calmag all the time to my plants until they are close to harvest with my lights. I try for 5.6-5.8 in hydro, but since I have AuoPots now too it's about 5.9-6.0 .
Yes, I will try this lower PH from my previous grows as well. The last time one had a cal deficiency and I seen a chart that it absorbed better at 6.3 -6.5 so that was my goal for this grow. Thank you for the insight. I was worried about broad mites or some sort of virus.

Yes, I will try this lower PH from my previous grows as well. The last time one had a cal deficiency and I seen a chart that it absorbed better at 6.3 -6.5 so that was my goal for this grow. Thank you for the insight. I was worried about broad mites or some sort of virus.

As far as variegation goes, here is a Blackberry I cloned multiple times, until I decided her finicky bullcrap wasn't worth continuing. She had some cool variegation that showed up in all the clones. This is from the last run of her. Probably a virus, it was genetic and harmless. Lovely to look at tho, I always waited to see where it would show up.

I would try to run another strain at the higher pH to see if that cures your CalMag issues, as this could be genetic. Or once they grow out of itm try the higher pH again and watch the new growth.

IMG_8563.JPG

One last thing that came to mind, I have never seen it but it is possible. Is Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
Do you have any other plants in your grow and are they fine?
Are you a smoker, and have touched your plants without washing after smoking?
This is rare, and you are indoors to boot. But I want to make sure.

Problem: Light patches and twisted leafs

Medium/grow method: ebb and flow

Feed: and supplements used: Mega Crop

water source: Tap

Strain/age: Dutch Passion 3 weeks

light used: LED

Climate: 75deg F 60%RH

Additional info:

its affecting 2 of the plants mainly but I think one of the others might have small symptoms of it as well.

View attachment 1087728 View attachment 1087729 View attachment 1087730 View attachment 1087731 View attachment 1087732
:toke: pardon the delay CO'! ... that's a mutation, both the color break and the crinkle leaf; usually these are weak plants, lack vigor, but on rarer occasions seem to do okay down the road (more so for just color break, "variegation").... your call, if they seem well behind your usual benchmarks, I'd toss them and start anew...

Last edited:
:toke: pardon the delay CO'! ... that's a mutation, both the color break and the crinkle leaf; usually these are weak plants, lack vigor, bit on rarer occasion seem to do okay down the road (more so for just color break, "variegation").... you call, if they seem well behind your usual benchmarks, I'd toss them and start anew...
Awesome !! Thank you for the response !! I'm going half and half tossed one and keeping the other that wasnt as bad. It also give me a chance to run a new seedling under stronger nute conditions to see if there is any adverse effects. So far so good about a week in. Ill prolly get some stretch on it from the light height but i can accommodate that. Happy Growing mate!

Back