New Grower Help critique my grow please

I personally never even worry about temp. I have them sprout no problem at 65 degrees. Often I am at about 72 but fluctuate during the day. I only use tapwater it is at 7.0ph. 100 percent germination for more than a year now. 24 hr soak. Then into a paper towel Ziploc and drawer. You don't want the paper towel wet you want it damp, wring it out. cover top and bottom of the seed. you need to wet it again because it is drying out a couple of drips off your fingertips. It seems if you keep them two wet they die off, that is true in seed starters as well. Dwarf plants usually come from PH or nute problems, too strong will not let them grow. Buy cheaper seeds till you get it right. Like seedstockers or twisted tree. They are good seeds and way cheaper to play with
I think I have been too wet after hearing this. I was on the soaked side trying to make sure they never go dry. I was soaking then dumping off excess water. I will focus on just moist now. my seed starter dome is also wet saturated. I hope I can fix my mistake. Thanks

I used a laser temp gun and all my temp areas are correct 80-86 F. on soil top, and floor, and all locations so that's good.

I will have to try another 8 seed because the other 40 or so are not showing. I have 8 more pots ready and waiting for a good seed.

I have two that are full bushed out but only 2 or 3 inch wide plant. I must have stunted them ? Most my 5gal. are kind soil and cocoloco but I did mix a few with two different fox farm soils and I had another grow soil I can't remember big bud or something. maybe that caused the small mini plant or why is it a dwarf plant ?

I have two humidifiers full house consul type I have to fill constantly. Has anyone figured out a auto water fill system for humidifier ? I have some ideas but not sure if they will be right, I bought a float valve but it is pretty large.
Thanks
Glad to hear that the temps are sorted, but if you are losing that many seeds, something else is seriously wrong. How old are the seeds, and how were they stored? Definitely watch the excess water, but I doubt that that mistake would have resulted in the size of problem you have. If I were you, I would study the Cocoforcannabis germination suggestions and follow them to the letter with a few seeds to see it they do better. As the site suggests, you might try planting the tap rooted seeds in starter peat plugs or rapid rooters to see if they do better in them rather than directly into your soil.

I'm sorry that I can't help with the humidification issue, I just manually refill mine daily. It is inside my 4x4, so a different problem than yours.
Good luck with it. :pighug:

Glad to hear that the temps are sorted, but if you are losing that many seeds, something else is seriously wrong. How old are the seeds, and how were they stored? Definitely watch the excess water, but I doubt that that mistake would have resulted in the size of problem you have. If I were you, I would study the Cocoforcannabis germination suggestions and follow them to the letter with a few seeds to see it they do better. As the site suggests, you might try planting the tap rooted seeds in starter peat plugs or rapid rooters to see if they do better in them rather than directly into your soil.

I'm sorry that I can't help with the humidification issue, I just manually refill mine daily. It is inside my 4x4, so a different problem than yours.
Good luck with it. :pighug:
Thank you all for helping.
Yes I think it's my fault I screwed up most my seeds. Maybe I can save them now with new knowledge.
I watched YouTube video of coco for cannabis germination. Hopefully I can do better now.

I had immediate improvement in germination already .
Thanks to your help and tech advice from coco for cannabis.
I was too soaked with water, and I think my heat was too high, and just not covering shell top was enough to get better results. and I start out with less light.
I saved some of my seed already. And I can still improve more by following all the advice.
The seed is difficult and requires proper care. I learned the hard way. You cant be sloppy with the process of germination.
Thanks

I always direct germ in soil. I’m at 100% right now “crosses fingers”. If you don’t start seeing better results try just dropping them in soil, like they would be in nature. Water to runoff before you put them in soil then just use a spray bottle to keep top moist until they’re a few days old. Crazy you lost that much money on seeds not germinating. Definitely environmental.

I always direct germ in soil. I’m at 100% right now “crosses fingers”. If you don’t start seeing better results try just dropping them in soil, like they would be in nature. Water to runoff before you put them in soil then just use a spray bottle to keep top moist until they’re a few days old. Crazy you lost that much money on seeds not germinating. Definitely environmental.
Whatever works best for you. I don't start in soil because I am impatient. I need to see what is going on. That is my nature. I have been 100 percent in the paper towel method. I put them in soil or a jiffy and it doesn't come up right away I will be digging. Can't help myself.

Whatever works best for you. I don't start in soil because I am impatient. I need to see what is going on. That is my nature. I have been 100 percent in the paper towel method. I put them in soil or a jiffy and it doesn't come up right away I will be digging. Can't help myself.
My first grow I had 4 plants. 3 of them sprouted after 3 days. After the 5th day I dug around for the seed. Didn’t find it. So I dropped another. 3 days later I had 2 sprouts lol. Won’t do that again. I’ve had seeds sprout in less than 48, I’ve had some take 10 days.

My first grow I had 4 plants. 3 of them sprouted after 3 days. After the 5th day I dug around for the seed. Didn’t find it. So I dropped another. 3 days later I had 2 sprouts lol. Won’t do that again. I’ve had seeds sprout in less than 48, I’ve had some take 10 days.
That is what I am saying. I don't have the patience for that. It is just how I am wired. But I realize my limitations and adjust my world to suit me.

@hello - I could not find nor think of the name of the thread/method earlier. I essentially run a modified Ronin method. Definitely worth a read.

@SOOTDAWG has a very smart germination method for vertical roots. Place the seeds in the paper towel, then the ziploc, and then hang the bag. The roots will grow straight down. Very cool trick.

Here is another great thread and it shows the "Sootdawg method"

Back