New Grower Help critique my grow please

I see you've been a member for a few years more than I. I'm certain you've at least got the basics covered.

Yes Thanks all for helpful advise.
I am concerned why seed have not been germinating.
At best the root just barely shows.
I was trying a Tupperware sealed container with wet napkins sandwiching seed with warm heat and darkness.
I am also trying sealed Tupperware and water only in dark warm heat.
I have another 20 in a seed starter pod tray no results.
I had 40 AF seed fail.
I purchased more fresh top name AF and have seen 12 more fail.
I can't understand why seed are small and fail.
I used to get larger AF seed and never had issues like this.
My conditions are perfect. So I am confused on how to proceed.
Is there issues with AF seed these days ? What's going on ?

Who's seeds did you buy? I think most reputable companies are putting out a pretty good product these days.

Well, there's lot of germination guides out there. Finding what works for you can be tricky. I can share what I do but even then it's not 100%. I've had really good luck so far.

Put the seeds in a shotglass of water. I set mine of top of the router/internet box to stay warm. I only do 2 at a time max per shotglass. Makes it easy to see what's going on. 24-48 hours or so. If you see white tails pop out, it's time to plant.

Once they are at 48 hours I still plant them. I put all my seeds into Jiffy Pellets. I think they are easy to use and transplant. I know a lot of people like root riot plugs too. I presoak the pellets with a root starting product, I happen to use BioRoot, I don't know if it's good or not but I have it so, eh, use it. I mix tap water with BioRoot to about 300ppm and 6.0pH or so.

I have one of those plastic started domes that came with the pellets initially. A little kit from HomeDepot. I set that on the router and give it a few days. Once I see sprouts, I put the whole pellet into the final pot. Thats it. So far I've only had one seed not germinate and one that I accidentally destroyed.

Current germination setup: I had to restart one of the Hotz so it's in the shotglass soaking. There are 3 seeds in the pellets. I use the sticks for a little airgap so it's not too hot.

P1040236.JPG

Who's seeds did you buy? I think most reputable companies are putting out a pretty good product these days.

Well, there's lot of germination guides out there. Finding what works for you can be tricky. I can share what I do but even then it's not 100%. I've had really good luck so far.

Put the seeds in a shotglass of water. I set mine of top of the router/internet box to stay warm. I only do 2 at a time max per shotglass. Makes it easy to see what's going on. 24-48 hours or so. If you see white tails pop out, it's time to plant.

Once they are at 48 hours I still plant them. I put all my seeds into Jiffy Pellets. I think they are easy to use and transplant. I know a lot of people like root riot plugs too. I presoak the pellets with a root starting product, I happen to use BioRoot, I don't know if it's good or not but I have it so, eh, use it. I mix tap water with BioRoot to about 300ppm and 6.0pH or so.

I have one of those plastic started domes that came with the pellets initially. A little kit from HomeDepot. I set that on the router and give it a few days. Once I see sprouts, I put the whole pellet into the final pot. Thats it. So far I've only had one seed not germinate and one that I accidentally destroyed.

Current germination setup: I had to restart one of the Hotz so it's in the shotglass soaking. There are 3 seeds in the pellets. I use the sticks for a little airgap so it's not too hot.

View attachment 1408526
I keep seed in fridge side door bottom until needed. I was so disappointed I can't remember now who I bought the first $400. worth of AF seed from, it was a Ca. store. I tried to search for a better company and picked 207 genetics and bought mephisto, I didn't think I could go wrong. But seed are still tiny and just barely popping when in water. I plant them and keep wet with clear plastic cup over them under lights 64 RH and 77*F temp. but they seem to die off.
I will try your advice next. I think you say to put seed back into water if nothing happens ? How much time should I allow for these steps ? I have a lot in a plastic dome like your pic, but no action there either.
I miss the days when big root would pop out immediately wanting to grow. Something changed. these are not the seeds I used in past from Eur. company's.
Thank you for helping.

I plant them and keep wet with clear plastic cup over them under lights 64 RH and 77*F temp. but they seem to die off.
Bump it to 80/82 temp range. A couple drops hydrogen peroxide in your water helps. What kind of "die off" do they do?...just don't show, show but halt, grow up but fall over?....

Bump it to 80/82 temp range. A couple drops hydrogen peroxide in your water helps. What kind of "die off" do they do?...just don't show, show but halt, grow up but fall over?....
I think one or two failed at 1/4" height couldn't lift and open, like the shell left scale on it maybe.
Most seem to try to spout tiny white bit of root but just can't keep going.
Others are not doing anything.
I tried to help lightly crack open some difficult seed, just enough to feel a movement.
I will check for 80-82 temp at seeds. in darkness.
Hunger house plant grow, organic plant fertilizer. Grow house plant fertilizer liquid seaweed fertilizer all plants all year 1ml. to every 1 L. so I have a large spray bottle I put one drop in and fill with water. Is it okay to use this water mix with seed ?
Please help me get best high sativa AF seed for edible medical issues.
Thanks

Seeing as they use stored energy for first part of the life cycle I'd stick with just water and/or water h2o2. One of the other peeps told me to set my inkbird temp probe in the water cup instead of near it to get a more accurate reading on seed temp. Did pretty good after that bit of advise, think it was cold temps halting them after the tap root showed. Good Luck.

I think one or two failed at 1/4" height couldn't lift and open, like the shell left scale on it maybe.
Most seem to try to spout tiny white bit of root but just can't keep going.
Others are not doing anything.
I tried to help lightly crack open some difficult seed, just enough to feel a movement.
I will check for 80-82 temp at seeds. in darkness.
Hunger house plant grow, organic plant fertilizer. Grow house plant fertilizer liquid seaweed fertilizer all plants all year 1ml. to every 1 L. so I have a large spray bottle I put one drop in and fill with water. Is it okay to use this water mix with seed ?
Please help me get best high sativa AF seed for edible medical issues.
Thanks
Have a look at the germination information on CocoforCannabis.com, it should help you out a bit. Temperature is important, for most consistent results CocoforCannabis recommends 30C which is what I shoot for right from seed soaking to germination and a node or two of growth. Your seeds do not need and may be hurt by adding nutrients during germination. Until they start growing a set or two of leaves, they have all the food they need in their cotyledons. I soak mine and initially water them with distilled water. If you are using a heat mat, make sure that it is not overheating your germination process. Mine would overheat if I did not control it with an Inkbird controller. If you are not using a thermostatically controlled heat mat, check to make sure what the actual temperature your seeds are subjected to before assuming that the temperature is correct. Just because your router is warm enough does not mean that the temperature inside your tupperware container is ok.

For growing in Promix HP or BX, you need balanced hydroponic nutrients. Promix is not soil, it is soilless peat medium with very little in it other than lime to adjust the pH and a tiny initial nutrient charge good for a few days. Promix has good technical information sheets for their products available on their website the last time I was there. Note well that organic nutrients are a different animal altogether. If you want to stay organic, you need to understand that organic nutrients are not available until soil bacteria and fungi make them available in the ionic form that plants can absorb. Grow techniques have to be managed accordingly.

Bottom line IMO is that in anything other than organic soil, you need balanced nutrients that would work well in hydroponics. Two part Megacrop is a great choice, and @Mañ'O'Green has developed a feed schedule that would see you right.

All just my 2 cents of course, but definitely have a look at CocoforCannabis.com.

Good luck with your grow. :pighug:

I used a laser temp gun and all my temp areas are correct 80-86 F. on soil top, and floor, and all locations so that's good.

I will have to try another 8 seed because the other 40 or so are not showing. I have 8 more pots ready and waiting for a good seed.

I have two that are full bushed out but only 2 or 3 inch wide plant. I must have stunted them ? Most my 5gal. are kind soil and cocoloco but I did mix a few with two different fox farm soils and I had another grow soil I can't remember big bud or something. maybe that caused the small mini plant or why is it a dwarf plant ?

I have two humidifiers full house consul type I have to fill constantly. Has anyone figured out a auto water fill system for humidifier ? I have some ideas but not sure if they will be right, I bought a float valve but it is pretty large.
Thanks

I personally never even worry about temp. I have them sprout no problem at 65 degrees. Often I am at about 72 but fluctuate during the day. I only use tapwater it is at 7.0ph. 100 percent germination for more than a year now. 24 hr soak. Then into a paper towel Ziploc and drawer. You don't want the paper towel wet you want it damp, wring it out. cover top and bottom of the seed. you need to wet it again because it is drying out a couple of drips off your fingertips. It seems if you keep them two wet they die off, that is true in seed starters as well. Dwarf plants usually come from PH or nute problems, too strong will not let them grow. Buy cheaper seeds till you get it right. Like seedstockers or twisted tree. They are good seeds and way cheaper to play with

Back