Live Stoners Hello fellow growers

chawnie.swanson

Cannabis-Infused Recalcitrant
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Galactica
Hi everyone! I am a beginner when it comes to growing Cannabis. Though, I wouldn’t really say that I’m a -complete- beginner. Last year I found two seeds inside of a seedy, dry batch that I was sold from a medical dispensary. I remember it was a lemon strain. I soaked the brown seeds in a bowl for 2 days and they sank to the bottom of the bowl. After that, I covered them with three paper towels and kept the towels wet, with the seeds inside, for two days. Then white roots grew to about half an inch.

After that, the root of one seed grew straight and looked healthy. The root of the other seed was spiraled and it’s edges started turning brown. I potted them both anyways into Dr. Earth Tomato fertilizer with seed starting soil. I placed a plastic zip lock baggie over the the pots to keep in humidity, then I placed the pots below a fluorescent light in my laundry room and surrounded the pots with foil. I watered them with a tea I made from boiled nori seaweed for 2 days. They both grew and were starting to pop out of the soil.

After that I had to throw out my little seeds because the smell was to much in my small laundry room and my room mate could smell it in her room !! Now I have much more growing space! I went to the California 2018 Cannabis Cup last week, which was sadly a dud, but while I was there I was given some free feminized auto seeds from FastBuds! I got 5 seeds of cream cookies and one of Blue Dream! I want to grew them healthy and strong.

I am confused though. A person I met at the CanCup said I could just start the seeds then plant them directly into the ground outside but idk if that’s right because I already started seeds inside before and they grew pretty fast...?...

Anyways I just found this forum a few days ago and I am so excited to grow!

Last edited:
hi and welcome :pass:if you was at the cali cup the other week i guess you have good weather.never stops raining in my neck of the woods long enough for the sun to come out.indoors outdoors it dont make any difference to the plant it will do its thing regardless.
plenty to see and read here,my signature is a good place to start (but if you on a fone you wont see it)
start a journal and il pop in to see how you getting on.jump into live stoners for a chinwag sometime or if you get stuck @ me like @chawnie.swanson
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Hi and welcome,,,:biggrin:

Not a complete dud if you got some free seeds, saying that,, if I ever went to one i would want bagfulls I would be going back to the stalls in disguises,, more please:eyebrows:

You could start them off inside and then move them out :thumbsup:

Lots of threads to read and information to soak up,,, you can make this growing as easy or hard as you like personally keep in the back of your mind it's just a weed:thumbsup:

Pop into live stoners any time too say hello ,ask a question they don't all bite:nono:

If you tag @archie gemmill In,, tag me also @hairyman,, I like his banter :smokeout:

hi and welcome :pass:if you was at the cali cup the other week i guess you have good weather.never stops raining in my neck of the woods long enough for the sun to come out.indoors outdoors it dont make any difference to the plant it will do its thing regardless.
plenty to see and read here,my signature is a good place to start (but if you on a fone you wont see it)
start a journal and il pop in to see how you getting on.jump into live stoners for a chinwag sometime or if you get stuck @ me like @chawnie.swanson
good luck n keep er lit.
Thanks a lot Archie! I’m excited to learn all I can! Yes it is warm where I live, but some mornings can drop below 50 and some highs could reach 90! Is growing outdoors easy for this sort of region?

Hi everyone! I am a beginner when it comes to growing Cannabis. Though, I wouldn’t really say that I’m a -complete- beginner. Last year I found two seeds inside of a seedy, dry batch that I was sold from a medical dispensary. I remember it was a lemon strain. I soaked the brown seeds in a bowl for 2 days and they sank to the bottom of the bowl. After that, I covered them with three paper towels and kept the towels wet, with the seeds inside, for two days. Then white roots grew to about half an inch.

After that, the root of one seed grew straight and looked healthy. The root of the other seed was spiraled and it’s edges started turning brown. I potted them both anyways into Dr. Earth Tomato fertilizer with seed starting soil. I placed a plastic zip lock baggie over the the pots to keep in humidity, then I placed the pots below a fluorescent light in my laundry room and surrounded the pots with foil. I watered them with a tea I made from boiled nori seaweed for 2 days. They both grew and were starting to pop out of the soil.

After that I had to throw out my little seeds because the smell was to much in my small laundry room and my room mate could smell it in her room !! Now I have much more growing space! I went to the California 2018 Cannabis Cup last week, which was sadly a dud, but while I was there I was given some free feminized auto seeds from FastBuds! I got 5 seeds of cream cookies and one of Blue Dream! I want to grew them healthy and strong.

I am confused though. A person I met at the CanCup said I could just start the seeds then plant them directly into the ground outside but idk if that’s right because I already started seeds inside before and they grew pretty fast...?...

Anyways I just found this forum a few days ago and I am so excited to grow!
welcome my friend i would start them indoor just past seedling size at least but once you start growing you will be hooked

sorry no idea what 50 is an 90 is just short of a cuppa tea :eyebrows: but trailanimal grows further north than Santas grotto,Maria in the tropics with plenty inbetween.lots of outdoor journals here and many start their first few weeks indoors.
this will be an outdoor grow,you havnt gone and got a big tent and light ?
912GreenSkell,dankstyle J could have similar weather to you are are top notch growers
a good read even for seasoned growers https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
good luck.

welcome my friend i would start them indoor just past seedling size at least but once you start growing you will be hooked

Thanks a lot!
I have a feeling I will be as well! I’m so excited about it, thinking of buying a press for rosin too!

sorry no idea what 50 is an 90 is just short of a cuppa tea :eyebrows: but trailanimal grows further north than Santas grotto,Maria in the tropics with plenty inbetween.lots of outdoor journals here and many start their first few weeks indoors.
this will be an outdoor grow,you havnt gone and got a big tent and light ?
912GreenSkell,dankstyle J could have similar weather to you are are top notch growers
a good read even for seasoned growers https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
good luck.
Wow thank you! It basically just gets really cold during the night and fairly hot during the day! Thank you I will check out those growers for sure! I have not gotten any lighting supplies or tent. I currently have nothing. I am planning on finding something on here that can help me figure out what will work best for me!
Thank you for the tutorial links! I really appreciate it!! I need to educate myself!

Hi and welcome,,,:biggrin:

Not a complete dud if you got some free seeds, saying that,, if I ever went to one i would want bagfulls I would be going back to the stalls in disguises,, more please:eyebrows:

You could start them off inside and then move them out :thumbsup:

Lots of threads to read and information to soak up,,, you can make this growing as easy or hard as you like personally keep in the back of your mind it's just a weed:thumbsup:

Pop into live stoners any time too say hello ,ask a question they don't all bite:nono:

If you tag @archie gemmill In,, tag me also @hairyman,, I like his banter :smokeout:

I guess you’re right it wasn’t a total bust! It was a pretty chill time for medical card holders but the recreational smoking and purchasing got shut down 2 days before the event. Kind of a bummer. Oh well, I’m so happy to have these seeds!! Thanks for your info!!

Back