Live Stoners Hello Everyone, I'm Growing Autos NE UK

Welcome man ;) the reason i would assume without checking the ec of your tap water ,is most tap water contains calcium bicarbonate which roots need to grow (not in large amounts),the distilled or bottled water has a very low ppm (parts per million) and doesn't contain much if any cal or other elements that are conducive to plant health even small trace amounts of chlorine. you'd have to check the ppms of the Tesco bottled water .but i know the UK tap water in a lot of places is soft water because it comes from surface water and not springs or bores and surprisingly enough the UK spends a lot on water quality. the soft water @50ppms in my area for example is idea for growing however i still use an ro filter to have full control of my solution. ...anyway that's my take on it. cheers ;)

I would say the tap water here is quite hard, it tastes like swimming pool and smells like one. It leaves limescale in the kettle but not loads. I don't drink it, even boiled:coffee: but the plants were fine with it. I have PM Soil Grow hardwater nutes and I'm hoping they go well with the tap water. Although I do have PM Old Timer too, which is 100% organic. I might do half on one and half on the other and see if there's any difference....
I've mixed up a "Super soil" now, I'm going to use some seeds from fast buds.

:welcome: To AFN my grow brother,if ya need any help with anything,dont hesitate to ask..peace

Aye up.

Fellow northerner checking in.

Welcome bro, you'll like it here, great vibe and loads of experience to help when you need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Goose dude...all the best with this site & your grows..i'm new to...sites awesome btw.. check out my LED Hydro Grow DP Think Different day 55 first grow...
DSCN0080.JPG DSCN0082.JPG DSCN0088.JPG

Back