Extraction Hash: Bags vs. Dry sift.

That's what I mean. I'll beat it up in a bucket by itself, then pour the liquid into the bag.
That's what I plan to do on my next run. Put the ice and some ice water just in a bucket and run a metal paint mixer attachment on a cordless drill. Then pour into bubble bags in another bucket.

Cold cold cold is the trick...
Water will come with the melting ice.
If you can do it outside right now (North America??)...all the better....cold and slow.
Your efficiency will be higher and get a shitload more trichomes.
I tried doing it outside up near the Canadian border. Everything froze instantly as I lifted each bubblebag out of the bucket.

This is where the washing machine fits in.
Going at this with brute force will work.
But you end up with a lot of vegetation mixed into your soup going through the bubble bag. Thus diminishing the quality of the end product.

This is where the washing machine fits in.
Going at this with brute force will work.
But you end up with a lot of vegetation mixed into your soup going through the bubble bag. Thus diminishing the quality of the end product.
The washing machine comes with its own pre filter 220 micron filter bag that fits perfectly. When you go to drain into the bubble bags most of the materials have been taken away already.Easy cleanup.

I've done both a couple of times.
And after getting the washer (125$)..and seeing the difference in the results.
Its like...i should have done this a long time ago.
But I respect those who cannot afford it.
And those with smaller crops.

A skateboard or a Mercedes will both get you the morning paper.
You get my point.

I hand mix with an oar, just swift enough to keep the mix moving and aggitated.
I cant stand plant material in my concentrates or edibles so dont do dry sift. I can pull dabbable material out of the 90 or 110 micron bags depending on the strain.

Old saying i learned... if it dont bubble, it aint worth the trouble!
:greenthumb:

Bubble bags offer a flexibility and convenience that dry sift cannot offer and better quality.

Bubble bags offer a flexibility and convenience that dry sift cannot offer and better quality.

hmmm dry sifting may take a tad longer to do a run,but prep and clean up is done in seconds.and ya dont have to wait for anything to dry before ya can get a dab :smoking:
quality ? hmm thats down to raw material and who does the run.

:pighug:

Thinking of buying some bags.
What are the necessary micron size to get started? Some sets are 4 bags and some are 8 bags...I won't process a lot of stuff,what kit do i need ? Want to go with 5 gals for ease of use...

Back