Extraction Hash: Bags vs. Dry sift.

I bought my washer last fall and I'm very satisfied with the quality and packaging.
It was obviously a new unit.
I suspect those complaining bought returns at a discounted price on Amazon.
exactly, My bubble bagdude machine came brand new with warranty. cmon guys how long you think someone would be around selling used as new.

This is an excellent video.
What I like is that there is proper seperation in grades of hash.
As well as efficient trichome removal.
The bubble bags are filters not made for agitation.

I
This is an excellent video.
What I like is that there is proper seperation in grades of hash.
As well as efficient trichome removal.
The bubble bags are filters not made for agitation.

I wish the closed captions were English. I can't understand 30% of what he is saying. I will be buying a regular washing machine and cutting up some buckets like he did for draining out onto the ground or clean new trash can and just dump into my weed garden this Spring. I'm going to turn my leftover dry trim and some quantity of bud into hash. Next Fall I will process all trim from my grow. Can you do this with fresh frozen trim or do you have to dry first.

Last edited:
Bubble bag hash is much easier and convenient for a home grower plus better quality.
Dry sift is better when you want to make Moroccan-style hash, but inconvenient in general. Those that have experience with home made flour and dry sifting it can understand why. The powder goes everywhere and makes a mesh, which is fine for flour but not for hash. The sifts are inconvenient to use because of size and difficult to make or purchase - the screens have holes that are not small enough. Storing them is also difficult. And way much more than desired plant material will end up in your hash.
Also bubble bag hash can be accompanied very successfully by hash oil making using alcohol to extract. Once you finish with the hash making all this plant matter is already cut in pieces and soaked which is perfect for adding pure alcohol for a few hours and then make some very potent hash oil. No thc is lost.

For sure a washing machine helps but you can use a long spoon and your hands to stir equally successfully. Or perhaps use your kitchen mixer. Either way bubble hash is awesome.

For sure a washing machine helps but you can use a long spoon and your hands to stir equally successfully. Or perhaps use your kitchen mixer. Either way bubble hash is awesome.
Did it by hand before with a wooden spoon but arthritis in hands. I bought a paint mixer that attaches to cordless drill. Should work better than by hand.

Big fan of dry sift. 1st attempt at bubbly bags 1 oz bud in and practically nothing out.2nd attempt used a ga :pighug: llon jar with lid, no bags shook fuck out a it, poured into bags, a better yield. But flaffage pissing about, when cleaning out the bags at the end, I had thoughts of chucking the bags as far as I could.
Bubbly bags was invented for getting something outa nothing.... Sugar leaves, trim and general garbage ya would have thrown out.
In terms of yield bubbly is one of the worst extracts/concentrates.

Personnaly, I don't think there is a right or wrong way of using the bags.
If all you can grow is 3 or 4 plants and your total harvest is about 200-400 grams.
Well using the bags as the stirring medium is still not a bad thing.
Naturaly your result will only be as good as the amount of agitation you can apply to the harvest (which is limited without tearing the bags).

Still not a bad thing, just limited in output.

I realise some people can only grow a few plants and this is where the bags shine.
As Nottheperson said so well, the purpose is to get as much from the sugar leaves as possible so there is no waste.

I grow 70-75 plants with a license, so the washing maching is not an option for me.
Needless to say, the end result is a little more using the machine and bags.

I guess you can beat the fuck out of your mash. The question is how much do the bags like this without getting torn full of ice.
So really can you...yes...do you want to?..ah no...for the sake of the bags...

Or do it in a bucket...then drop through the bubble bags:thumbsup:

Cold cold cold is the trick...
Water will come with the melting ice.
If you can do it outside right now (North America??)...all the better....cold and slow.
Your efficiency will be higher and get a shitload more trichomes.

Back