Extraction Hash: Bags vs. Dry sift.

L

Little Brother

Was interested in making some hash in the future. People on here have mentioned Payload bags as a good brand. If I was growing say two plants and wanted to turn it all into hash would I be able to get away with using a one gallon bag? Also I was interested in your opinions on dry sift vs. the bags and ice water. Which produces more? If I took the pepsi challenge would I be able to tell the difference between the two? Sorry lotta questions. Look forward to hearing from you.

Currently, I've only used 5 gallon bubble bags, they didn't fit my buckets perfectly and uses good amount of water and Ice. I processed frosty sugar leaves and popcorn buds. The buds I first threw in a blender with water water and ice and then rinsed the blender and dumped into bubble bags. It made a nice hash.

I left 1 gram as flakes and pressed three grams in a pollen press to form a slug of hash. That was after drying for several days. I pressed with the entire pollen press heated to around 150 degrees. I had no mold issues.

I'd like to trying running some dry sift. I just haven't found one ready to go that looks durable. I have no building experience I would trust to be successful.

I think 1 gallon bags would be pretty small. I got 4 grams the only time I've used it. I think I processed 51 grams of trim, included small stems. It was my first run. I used a wooden spoon stirring the material in the bubble bags.

Next run will be whatever I have in the freezer from just trim. I looked at bubble bowls but those things are expensive and I can't find anywhere I can get dry ice.

I'll be using a drill and a paint mixing attachment. It isn't hard but it is boring and tedious. I'm going to try it a different method this next time. I have a couple pounds of bud dried and cured. I also use an Infuzium STX 420 to process trim into cannaoil.

I'd like to try one of those Buddy boxes but they don't appear to be all that durable. I got my bags off Amazon, they might be iPower brand. They didn't cost all that much.

Bubble bag dude also sells a 5 gallon washer to extract all trichomes with simple ice. It costs about $125 and very well made and worth it.
Frenchie Cannolie has some excellent youtubes showing you how to use bubble bags.

Those washers are simple camping/travelling washing machines. I've been tempted to get one I just don't make enough to warrant the expense.
I use 5gal bags with ice. I stick a wooden spoon in a cordless drill and mix for 30 seconds for the first run then 5 minutes each for the 2 runs thereafter.
Last batch I did I used 2oz trim and ended up with 1/4oz dried. Can't be arsed with multiple grades so I only use the 25 and 220.
Here's a pic just after wash 2 and 3.
20200124_122118.jpg

Always been tempted at trying a dry sift to see what the difference is like.

Bubble bag dude also sells a 5 gallon washer to extract all trichomes with simple ice. It costs about $125 and very well made and worth it.
Frenchie Cannolie has some excellent youtubes showing you how to use bubble bags.
I saw his washer on Amazon, basically a $69.00 washer. There were numerous reviews from people getting broken, used, dirty machines that leaked. I was going to buy one but can't bring myself to do so with those bad reviews.

I bought my washer last fall and I'm very satisfied with the quality and packaging.
It was obviously a new unit.
I suspect those complaining bought returns at a discounted price on Amazon.

Back