Outdoor Guerilla grow disguises.

If you get caught out in the bush with your face all wrapped up like a ninja there's going to be no question about the legality of your actions out there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, hide in plain sight. I always have my mushroom hunting book in my back pocket and super nerdy mycology terms on the lip to boor anyone into trying to leave me to my nerdy devices. Move slow and stop to listen every twenty feet or so. Know animal warning calls, a little bird will tell you when someone is getting close. Learn how to act, simple and ignorant are hard to fake, so get good at it. But seriously, don't draw attention to yourself by wearing crazy mask or colorful clothing.....or all black for that matter.

Don't forget your fishing license... :D

Only needed if you are in the act of fishing. So just don't actually go fishing next to your grow :smokeit:

There is no law (in the USA at least) for walking in the woods, unless you are trespassing - and even then it has to be clearly marked. Feel free to wander wherever and I don't think you need an excuse aside from just "wandering through the woods". Start making up lies and you will be questioned further. Start wearing masks and someone WILL call the cops on you.....and if you are in Sanford, FL.....don't wear a hoodie and walk behind peoples houses in the late/early hours (regional joke).

I hate to say it, but someone (LEO) can profile a fisherman or a birdwatcher. Better know something about who you are impersonating- since if you are questioned for your actions - you might be asked about the regulations of the fish commonly caught in the area or about what birds you are looking for. Cops aren't idiots and know what to ask to prove/disprove of whay you say. Cops get lied to all the time and are trained to ask probing questions. Now if a regular citizen sees you in the woods I wouldn't worry so much; but again, be careful of your excuse. They may be a fisherman or a bird watcher as well. You start thowing out BS and they are more likely to call the cops and report you as suspuscious. Again - I advise against hoodies even against regualr citizens....especially in Sanford.

If you get caught out in the bush with your face all wrapped up like a ninja there's going to be no question about the legality of your actions out there.

Unless, of course, you ARE a ninja! But better have your nunchucks ready for inspection! Also look for posted signs and follw the rules!

sorry-ninjas-ninja-demotivational-posters-1295910264.jpg

Only needed if you are in the act of fishing. So just don't actually go fishing next to your grow :smokeit:

There is no law (in the USA at least) for walking in the woods, unless you are trespassing - and even then it has to be clearly marked. Feel free to wander wherever and I don't think you need an excuse aside from just "wandering through the woods". Start making up lies and you will be questioned further. Start wearing masks and someone WILL call the cops on you.....and if you are in Sanford, FL.....don't wear a hoodie and walk behind peoples houses in the late/early hours (regional joke).

I hate to say it, but someone (LEO) can profile a fisherman or a birdwatcher. Better know something about who you are impersonating- since if you are questioned for your actions - you might be asked about the regulations of the fish commonly caught in the area or about what birds you are looking for. Cops aren't idiots and know what to ask to prove/disprove of whay you say. Cops get lied to all the time and are trained to ask probing questions. Now if a regular citizen sees you in the woods I wouldn't worry so much; but again, be careful of your excuse. They may be a fisherman or a bird watcher as well. You start thowing out BS and they are more likely to call the cops and report you as suspuscious. Again - I advise against hoodies even against regualr citizens....especially in Sanford.

Well, if you're going to walk around with fishing gear, expect a ranger to ask for your license if you're on public land. Even if you're not in the act of fishing, it's obvious what the gear is for, and it's probably going to provoke a confrontation with someone that you'd rather not deal with. Legally you might not need to show a license, but if you refuse it's going to lead to more questions and create trouble you don't need.

As for bird watching, when I used to check my grows I did run into some regular folks who were doing the same (it's actually a pretty popular hobby). Nobody expected me to be an expert, and when I said I was new to the hobby, people were eager to tell me where they'd seen different species, what to look for, etc. I never ran into a ranger or LEO, but I would have done the same with them. Don't pretend you're an expert at something unless you are! Though I do like birds and I could easily name a dozen or more local species, as well as carrying a book with birds of the region. If you genuinely can't name a single local species and you don't want to learn any, then it's probably not a good cover.

Hi
My opinion is, that this all sounds a bit paranoid for me...Sure, if you walk around in the woods or fields dressed like a ninja and someone sees you, you maybe can tell him, youre on a paintball fight and lost your platoon and gun, so or so, ITS SUSPICIOUS.
I got cought 3 times last year when i came back out of the bush, it was 3 times the same guy, his ground was near and he was asking what the hell ia m doing here. So i told him, that i like to walk around in the nature, that i am sick and need to walk an hour a day for my legs and this place here looks so pretty and and and so on....The thing was, that i was getting a lot of information about my spot, it was a dangerous place close to the highway, a few years ago, they planted trhere stuff to make the updrive looks better and in one of these "bushes" or little woods, i found a free space wiith an old apple tree in it. Tree havent been cut for years, so i decided to take this place. The Spot was very good, but the way to the spot was dangerous as hell as long as i found me a way inside from where i cant be seen....so i thought, like i told, get cought three times by the same guy. He told me, when this was planted, who it belongs to, and stuff and I told him about a lot of shit, where i come from, what i am doing in the woods, like collecting berries, i am pretty good in telling storys and people believe me...thats the point.
You need a good story and not a hidden face, you need to keep your eyes and ears open and last but not least you need to shut up about spots, but thats a point i dont need to mention i guess...
I am from Germany and i am living in the state in germany with the highest punishment if you get cought, everything here is crowded so its allmost impossible to find places where noone goes, walks around.
Ive never heard about cams in the woods sorry, maybe thats an UK thing i dont know, if you put a cam here in the woods its probably stolen the next day.
I also dont like that bird watching or fishing idea cause of the reasons the one posted before me (Andy Botwin), if you dont have a fishing licencse and get cought with fishing stuff you get in trouble, even if youre not fishing...And if you cant name a single bird out of your region...I have never seen a bird watcher here and i am out a lot, so i dont know what people would think if they see me with a binacular.

Only needed if you are in the act of fishing. So just don't actually go fishing next to your grow
(The fishing license) Ahja? OKI, lets see, you get cought with fishing stuff on your back and a fishing rod in your hand....AND NO LICENCE, what do you want to tell? you just carriying your stuff around to...what, let the fishing rod have some fresh air??? In Germany law says "The attempt is chargeable"
Choose your time well when you go to your spots, its improbable to get seen at 5 in the morning or eralier and also this is the best time to water or nute your plants. Keep Eyes wide open, ears too and dont try to wear orange jeans with yellow shirt, try to keep it dark, or green.

OK, thats my opinion, some might agree some not, but i didnt get cought last year, and only one plant has been stolen and i had some realy not good places, but it was my first outdoorgrow.I had to take the spots i could reach with my bike and ten Liter Water in my backsack, and it worked.
Ah and dont forget to check the "hunter seats" if theres one in a seat, leave cause he WILL have an binacular and he sees where you go, also the hunters are all directed to look for Outdoor growers. I know a hunter so i know about that.

So, hope i could help a bit, like i said its just my opinion and i think, some people are too paranoid, a little bit paranoia is OK but to dress up like a ninja, or put yourself in a full body condom, army suit or stuff like that makes only two things, suspiciousnes and sweat...do some work under a ninja mask, then you know what i am talking about. I sweat my ass off in a shirt when i need to do my outdoorwork, dont wanna do that dressed up.

Maybe one thing could work, go get you a Goofy Costume and some sex toys, like
this:http://www.leder-gummi-studio.de/contents/de/d211_latexspezialmasken.html#p2488 and if someone sees you, ask him if he have seen Minni Mouse the ole bitch some like that....then....run....just kidding a bit...:D
Bye Pat

PS: Same could probably work with a Darth Vader Costume and the question for Princess Amidala...then tell him , "I AM YOUR FATHER" and leave him alone,(dont forget that chrrrrrrr chrrrrrr noise, that scares him to death, probably will need hours to recover from that...time for you to flee:crying:

My prefered wateringtime is after 7pm when all the mega popular tv soaps are on and all the nosey interferers are busy infront of the gogglebox!

my uncle plants in rows in his garden and hangs red and green x-mas tree bobbles on his plants. cracks me up every year carrots, potatoes, beans, then a row of weird lookin tomatoes.

I got a friend that ties lightweight styrafoam tomatoes onto his plants as well. I just thought it drew attention to them but what the hell do I know. Another friend covers hers with the netting that they throw over tanks and such to hide them not sure what ti is called. Maybe camoflage netting. I think it does the same thing calls attention to the grow. Maybe helps with the helocopters.

I plant a lot of my gorilla stuff in the swamp. I have about 10 spots with two tires piled on top of each other and filled with sheep poop and black soil. Once the roots get down It reallly just looks after itself. only needs marginal watering. I take a pair of hip waders, a pair of binoculars around my neck and a copy of Pererson,s field guide for birds. Never lost a plant to thieves or the law. Maybe they don't have waders.

Hi
My opinion is, that this all sounds a bit paranoid for me...Sure, if you walk around in the woods or fields dressed like a ninja and someone sees you, you maybe can tell him, youre on a paintball fight and lost your platoon and gun, so or so, ITS SUSPICIOUS.
I got cought 3 times last year when i came back out of the bush, it was 3 times the same guy, his ground was near and he was asking what the hell ia m doing here. So i told him, that i like to walk around in the nature, that i am sick and need to walk an hour a day for my legs and this place here looks so pretty and and and so on....The thing was, that i was getting a lot of information about my spot, it was a dangerous place close to the highway, a few years ago, they planted trhere stuff to make the updrive looks better and in one of these "bushes" or little woods, i found a free space wiith an old apple tree in it. Tree havent been cut for years, so i decided to take this place. The Spot was very good, but the way to the spot was dangerous as hell as long as i found me a way inside from where i cant be seen....so i thought, like i told, get cought three times by the same guy. He told me, when this was planted, who it belongs to, and stuff and I told him about a lot of shit, where i come from, what i am doing in the woods, like collecting berries, i am pretty good in telling storys and people believe me...thats the point.
You need a good story and not a hidden face, you need to keep your eyes and ears open and last but not least you need to shut up about spots, but thats a point i dont need to mention i guess...
I am from Germany and i am living in the state in germany with the highest punishment if you get cought, everything here is crowded so its allmost impossible to find places where noone goes, walks around.
Ive never heard about cams in the woods sorry, maybe thats an UK thing i dont know, if you put a cam here in the woods its probably stolen the next day.
I also dont like that bird watching or fishing idea cause of the reasons the one posted before me (Andy Botwin), if you dont have a fishing licencse and get cought with fishing stuff you get in trouble, even if youre not fishing...And if you cant name a single bird out of your region...I have never seen a bird watcher here and i am out a lot, so i dont know what people would think if they see me with a binacular.

(The fishing license) Ahja? OKI, lets see, you get cought with fishing stuff on your back and a fishing rod in your hand....AND NO LICENCE, what do you want to tell? you just carriying your stuff around to...what, let the fishing rod have some fresh air??? In Germany law says "The attempt is chargeable"
Choose your time well when you go to your spots, its improbable to get seen at 5 in the morning or eralier and also this is the best time to water or nute your plants. Keep Eyes wide open, ears too and dont try to wear orange jeans with yellow shirt, try to keep it dark, or green.

OK, thats my opinion, some might agree some not, but i didnt get cought last year, and only one plant has been stolen and i had some realy not good places, but it was my first outdoorgrow.I had to take the spots i could reach with my bike and ten Liter Water in my backsack, and it worked.
Ah and dont forget to check the "hunter seats" if theres one in a seat, leave cause he WILL have an binacular and he sees where you go, also the hunters are all directed to look for Outdoor growers. I know a hunter so i know about that.

So, hope i could help a bit, like i said its just my opinion and i think, some people are too paranoid, a little bit paranoia is OK but to dress up like a ninja, or put yourself in a full body condom, army suit or stuff like that makes only two things, suspiciousnes and sweat...do some work under a ninja mask, then you know what i am talking about. I sweat my ass off in a shirt when i need to do my outdoorwork, dont wanna do that dressed up.

Maybe one thing could work, go get you a Goofy Costume and some sex toys, like
this:http://www.leder-gummi-studio.de/contents/de/d211_latexspezialmasken.html#p2488 and if someone sees you, ask him if he have seen Minni Mouse the ole bitch some like that....then....run....just kidding a bit...:D
Bye Pat

PS: Same could probably work with a Darth Vader Costume and the question for Princess Amidala...then tell him , "I AM YOUR FATHER" and leave him alone,(dont forget that chrrrrrrr chrrrrrr noise, that scares him to death, probably will need hours to recover from that...time for you to flee:crying:

Back