New Grower Growing Autos with Photos

Reaction score
Hey people,
I am currently growing 4 autos with 1 photo. I am 6 weeks in. I was wondering if switching to 12/12 to flower the photo with the autos will be a bad idea. Will it drastically hurt the yields from my autos? Should I just ditch the photo? I really don't have space inside or outside the tent to veg the photo for another 5 weeks. Here is a picture for reference. Any advice welcome! First grow.

Thanks,
DrewwwChainz

Attachments

• IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_1385.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 573
20/4 is probably the most common or widely used for success with Autos around here. 18/6 being a close contender, these light schedules maximize growth with these short life genetics. So shortening it to 12/12 will not be good for the overall yield of the bud... but it shouldn't be terrible. You can still get some killer bud at this point with a 12/12 schedule, however reduced amounts in overall yield.

Have you done any training to the photo? If not, this would be a GREAT time to learn! Keep the lights going for the auto's and snip that photo. Keep her short and fat and train her while the auto's grow. Flower her when the auto's finish and she should be massive. Look up mainlining. Tons of fat colas!

Just an idea. I'm going to start a pair of photos in about 30 days and do this.

Murder is never the answer. Usually.

They do grow pretty big for the age they are.. I get 90 grams average per auto thats all cured done and done.. sometimes i get way more than 90 grams up to 160 cured!! just depends on strain and how you grow your autos.. They are a huge challenge and i like challenges !! For me its like auto racing!!! A race to some fire ass weed!!! :pass:

the genetics I grow average about 75 days or less never over 80 days.. sprout to finish .
20170225_160723.jpg

cobfruit20170221_183718[1].jpg
My COB chip burt this one.. thats a photon burn. bleached..:headbang:
Had to turn the lamp down..:pass:

What is the photo plant, know if its female? If its worth it I would do what creature said or just let that girl go and pop a screen on it before flower if she gets too big. I did that not to long ago to a sincity silver back jack and she turned out wonderful one of the best smokes in my jars atm. So she may be worth it.

Have you done any training to the photo? If not, this would be a GREAT time to learn! Keep the lights going for the auto's and snip that photo. Keep her short and fat and train her while the auto's grow. Flower her when the auto's finish and she should be massive. Look up mainlining. Tons of fat colas!

Just an idea. I'm going to start a pair of photos in about 30 days and do this.

Murder is never the answer. Usually.
I would never put her down. Just find a willing recipient. I've done some LST on all the plants. I've decided to keep the lights 18/6 and veg her out. This will be a good experience practicing some different training techniques. Thanks for the advice everyone! I will look into mainlining!

Thanks,
DrewwwChainz

Look at my journal, I grow one round autos with my Critical+ photoperiod.

Back