Grow room smell reduce

Reaction score
Hello my friends, im wondering if I start grow plants in one room without a tent, can I reduce smells coming to the other rooms with carbon filters or I better buy a tent ?

Hello my friends, im wondering if I start grow plants in one room without a tent, can I reduce smells coming to the other rooms with carbon filters or I better buy a tent ?
You can get away with not running a tent, but it will be harder. You’ll need a fan and filter large enough to filter the entirety of the air in the room, plus you’ll need to block off any air leaks….

A tent is essentially a microclimate within the room it’s in. You can use a smaller fan/filter, it will contain your light better, and help keep out unwanted pests etc.

Both grow methods work well, but if containing smells is of utmost importance, personally, I would opt for the tent…

:pass:

I have to turn off the central heat/air during harvest else the whole house smells, and even then, it travels. Better to buy a tent.

If you're on a budget, the no brand/off brand tents on ebay/amazon are like ~$70 for a 3x3, $85 for a 4x4, $100 for a 5x5. They work fine, but don't expect the zippers to last more than a year or 2.

I grow in two tents in my basement… not worried about smell but filters will only do so much. An extremely stinky cultivar will stink up a house quick. You’d have to seal a room… every hole,crack, etc to be real sure.

I grow in two tents in my basement… not worried about smell but filters will only do so much. An extremely stinky cultivar will stink up a house quick. You’d have to seal a room… every hole,crack, etc to be real sure.
Hi there how effective are the top end filters? Acinfinity, Mountian Phresh or CarboAir? Have you used any of these?

Hi there how effective are the top end filters? Acinfinity, Mountian Phresh or CarboAir? Have you used any of these?
I believe that a lot of them are produced by the same factory and then sold by separate companies. From my research, all filters are made with the same components. Active carbon being the most important. I have not used any of those. My carbon filter is Vivosun and works fine. I think you would be paying for the name… not the effectiveness of the filter.

Back