Harvest & Curing Grove Bags reviews

AFNG

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I received these from Grove Bags and I'm pretty excited to try them out.

Over time I'm going to start different threads and post the links to them here in the first post.

I plan on testing them out in different ways. For example, next harvest I'll compare the bag vs glass jar for curing and some long term storage tests between different types of bags comparing how the buds look, smell, tastes and any change from starting weight.

Also curious how well it could maintain humidity for cuban cigars or being used to slowly and evenly rehydrate dry cigars or even rehydrate dry cannabis.

The bags look and feel like quality and at this point can't imagine then wearing out with repeated use.

Hard to get picture without the glare on the glossy black ones, but if you look at the lower left corner of largest bag it will give you a good representation.

The two small satin bags are the same, one shows front and the other shows the back. I couldn't find them on their website or in the product brochure @Grove Bags ?

I'm not sure if maybe it's a new product? Either way I'm really digging the satin finish. It's got the soft satin texture and looks great.

If anyone has any questions about them or want to see some sort of test that I can do post them here and I'll see what I can do.

IMG_20200413_133433.jpg

ETA:
Quick initial impression of Grove Bags used to rehydrate in a 1 ounce bag. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/grove-bags-for-rehydration.77125/

Last edited:
We are so excited to see those tests, I am personally excited to see how you like our bags with your cigars. I reached out to my team and we are going to check on our site for the product you are referring to. If you or anyone else has questions, don't hesitate to come to us, you can tag us, send a direct message or via email: info@grovebags.com

James Hieber
630-200-7475
james@grovebags.com

I received these from Grove Bags and I'm pretty excited to try them out.

Over time I'm going to start different threads and post the links to them here in the first post.

I plan on testing them out in different ways. For example, next harvest I'll compare the bag vs glass jar for curing and some long term storage tests between different types of bags comparing how the buds look, smell, tastes and any change from starting weight.

Also curious how well it could maintain humidity for cuban cigars or being used to slowly and evenly rehydrate dry cigars or even rehydrate dry cannabis.

The bags look and feel like quality and at this point can't imagine then wearing out with repeated use.

Hard to get picture without the glare on the glossy black ones, but if you look at the lower left corner of largest bag it will give you a good representation.

The two small satin bags are the same, one shows front and the other shows the back. I couldn't find them on their website or in the product brochure @Grove Bags ?

I'm not sure if maybe it's a new product? Either way I'm really digging the satin finish. It's got the soft satin texture and looks great.

If anyone has any questions about them or want to see some sort of test that I can do post them here and I'll see what I can do.

View attachment 1179408
awesome products @Grove Bags I watched some of your vids on youtube @AFNG what ones are you planning to use let us know what products strains etc your going to try and how long your going to leave them sealed I'm super interested in these as I've got about 15 mason jars and they take a lot of space I swear I've got them everywhere

awesome products @Grove Bags I watched some of your vids on youtube @AFNG what ones are you planning to use let us know what products strains etc your going to try and how long your going to leave them sealed I'm super interested in these as I've got about 15 mason jars and they take a lot of space I swear I've got them everywhere
I'm really hoping that they work great for curing because that alone is a huge value if you don't have to burp your jars for fear of mold.
Also want to compare sealed vs unsealed bags.
I have already used bag to rehydrate some dry buds and it worked and it vapes smoother then when it was really dry. Will have to start a thread on that as well.

Like I said though if anyone has any specific tests they want to see let me know.

I love testing things out and finding multiple purposes for things.

Just posted initial impression and put link in first post here. Lots of unknown variables but I'm happy so far.

Are these reusable? For the same strain
Yes they are. I used one as an everyday bag and the zip lock portion did break free from bag after a little while. I guess they are aware of issue that only happens with small runs. But if you're not opening it multiple times a day for a while you'll be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

I really like the bags.

ETA: they have anti static layer as well. Honestly you could probably wash out bag with water and let it dry and use it again with another strain if you wanted too.

Yes they are. I used one as an everyday bag and the zip lock portion did break free from bag after a little while. I guess they are aware of issue that only happens with small runs. But if you're not opening it multiple times a day for a while you'll be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

I really like the bags.

ETA: they have anti static layer as well. Honestly you could probably wash out bag with water and let it dry and use it again with another strain if you wanted too.
Nice I ordered 10 1 ounce bags. So I take it these replace the curing process in jars and also have a lower chance of mold because they keep humidity at a certain percent I live in a humid climate so they seem good. How wet can you put it in I assume it should be properly dryed?

Nice I ordered 10 1 ounce bags. So I take it these replace the curing process in jars and also have a lower chance of mold because they keep humidity at a certain percent I live in a humid climate so they seem good. How wet can you put it in I assume it should be properly dryed?
Yes it's needs to be properly dried and it does replace curing in the jar. Here is link that I think will help. https://grovebags.com/sweating-cannabis/ .

Yes it's needs to be properly dried and it does replace curing in the jar. Here is link that I think will help. https://grovebags.com/sweating-cannabis/ .
I've been doing something similar when it's very close to dry I put it in a jar and burp it frequently let it get some moisture back then put it in a box or bag then when completely dry put it in a jar. I do it because my weed drys too fast. It helps slow down the process. I'll try that method in the link seems it would work decent.

Back