Live Stoners greetings from the U.P. of Michigan

took delivery of a 1000Watt King LED today, seems to be a hefty well made unit. I'm going to run it for a few days QC to make sure it's not defective and no surprises when I can start using it which won't be for a while yet as we have to take a little trip this month before I can focus on proper plant care. Meanwhile I'm getting everything ready, have decided to go with perlite in a hempy bucket but undecided on which seeds I'll start although it will be with a fast auto flower so I can finish by May. Because of the climate here it will be a challenging grow and I'll have to commute 30 miles to tend to the garden, we won't be moving back to the house until snow is gone.

Welcome to afn an thank you for your service that's appreciated!!Wow what a plant count I'm in oregon an my medical card only allows 6 flowering 4 recreational I always feel I need more lol can't have enough !!

Travel has been postponed until after blizzard season so I dropped a seed into distilled water yesterday, it sank in about 12hrs and I just moved it into wet paper towel. This seed is not likely to produce a harvest as I am living in a townhouse for a few more months and would have to move it somewhere else if the odor became intense. The 30 mile commute could be ok after another 6+ weeks so we will see what springs forth from the seed. It is a Sour Daddy Auto I got free with some other seeds.

Greetings I am from the great state of Michigan myself. New to growing or not you've chosen the right place to start. Good luck and feel free to tag me in your grows I'd love to follow along.

a single seed cabin fever grow experiment has begun but not likely to produce much due to environment...

Welcome aboard! Have you started a journal yet?

Welcome aboard! Have you started a journal yet?

I have a journal in another forum .... is it ok to link to it here....?
This is my hempy grow experiment, day 25 after a rough start and a couple of mistakes..... i.e. because I neglected to shake the bottles,
this plant hasn't been getting any root nutes in the mix, the taco shell leaves made me discover the 'shake before using' info. LOL.
img_20190206_062644832-jpg.1716965

I am using Foxfarm hydro nutes, just discovered the Grow Big micro nute actually turns brown when you shake it! Hopefully the leaves will be looking better in a day or two.... we will see.

Welcome friend. I've got a friend about your age that lives up on the UP also. I know he was quite happy to see legalization too.

The best thing about the new LED grow lights is how fuel efficient they are. A 100 watt quantum board or one of fellow Michigander @BigSm0 love AutoCobs will grow a lot of bud for just a few pennies a day.

I have a journal in another forum .... is it ok to link to it here....?
This is my hempy grow experiment, day 25 after a rough start and a couple of mistakes..... i.e. because I neglected to shake the bottles,
this plant hasn't been getting any root nutes in the mix, the taco shell leaves made me discover the 'shake before using' info. LOL.
img_20190206_062644832-jpg.1716965

I am using Foxfarm hydro nutes, just discovered the Grow Big micro nute actually turns brown when you shake it! Hopefully the leaves will be looking better in a day or two.... we will see.
She’s green! Might be a bit small for 25 days but it’s all a learning experience. You are honing your skills in preparation for Spring /Summer cycle, and likely will get some finished product to sample. Nothing quite so good as tasting your very own bud.

She’s green! Might be a bit small for 25 days but it’s all a learning experience. You are honing your skills in preparation for Spring /Summer cycle, and likely will get some finished product to sample. Nothing quite so good as tasting your very own bud.

Yes she got stressed out early and I was mixing nutes wrong for a while but she is recovering well now. Size estimates I've seen are 50-120 cm, I'm pretty sure she will get beyond 50. She just went under the bigger light, yesterday at 54,000 lux, now today getting 60,000 lux , vs 32,000 under the other light a few days ago. Still running 24hr light. Once I switch to flowering nute mix I may go with 20/4 light cycle.
IMG_20190208_073240474.jpg

WELCOME!! I'm from SW Michigan, and 65 years.. nearing 66. :) My wife and I have issues with lake effect snow.... we don't like it!! Get down around Fenn Valley Vineyards stop in, have some wine and say howdy!
Vern

Back