Lighting Green Light Drives Leaf Photosynthesis More Efficiently than Red Light in Strong White Light:

I was not able to read the article, but I presume that light activation of photosynthesis is a totally different mechanism/function vs. light period activation of flowering in photoperiod plants. Photosynthesis involves chlorophyll or other plant pigments and eventual formation of ATP (cell energy storage), while flowering I presume is due to activation of specific receptors leading to auxin (hormone) production.

Yes and I think this is the reason the 3500k cobs do so well for both veg and flower
I agree. I also think since these fancy plants require much less light in the veg stage there is enough blue as well as the other colors like orange,green and yellow to get them going. As 3500k is more of a red spectrum when they get big enough to need the red they have plenty of it.

I don't know why the link stopped working. I got the link off a news site

I was not able to read the article, but I presume that light activation of photosynthesis is a totally different mechanism/function vs. light period activation of flowering in photoperiod plants. Photosynthesis involves chlorophyll or other plant pigments and eventual formation of ATP (cell energy storage), while flowering I presume is due to activation of specific receptors leading to auxin (hormone) production.
Thank you for making me a little bit smarter.

Back