Lighting Green Light Drives Leaf Photosynthesis More Efficiently than Red Light in Strong White Light:

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
@pop22 so using green light to inspect plants during 'lights out' is still interupting the dark period

That I don't know. However, you can use blue light in the dark period to continue photosynthesis, blue has no affect on PFR PR reactions and green may be the same

@pop22 so using green light to inspect plants during 'lights out' is still interupting the dark period

I don't see how it would matter, since there is no light restrictions for autoflowers.
I meant for photoperiods dude. I run 24h light for autos but many growers believe even autos need a dark period so in their case it could in theory have a negative effect

The phytochrome molecule is the photoreceptor for red light responses. It exists in two forms, Pr and Pfr. When Pr absorbs red light, it is converted to the Pfr form.
The Pfr form is the active form that initiates biological responses. In the absence of light, Pfr slowly converts back to Pr. When the Pr state lasts more than a boilogically pre-determined period, usually in the 10-12 hour range, flowering in initiated. This is a very simple answer to a very complex process. Blue and green light has no affect on the Pr-Pfr response

I've known for a while the the idea that green light was not used by plants to be false. However, little did I or most other expect to see these results.

Information is from: Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo

https://oup.silverchair-cdn.com/oup...YagJqjxVvw__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIUCZBIA4LVPAVW3Q
I clicked on and it said access denied. Either to many clicks because of your link maybe or my double-secret probation.

Back