Ghost Ape OG project

Reaction score
Here we go on my first photo to auto cross. I really like OG type plants and want a regular og auto flower pool to pull males to cross back to other OG phots. I know I’m flying blind on some of the breeding but if it sucks im not afraid to scrap it and start over. That being said I have a good feeling on the selection and observations so far.
Whats happend so far:

Father (photo) is Spirit Hash plant (ghost og x 88g13hp from Bodhi), I selected him on structure and stability, he was the most resistant to pre flower in root bound solo cups and the node spacing and flower development doesn’t hurt my feelings. Got some pollen stored up and he is reveg’n nicely. I also let that pollen make some spirit hp F2’s using only that male. I flipped the lights back to veg once the male started opening and the seeds matured under veg lights, I did this so my auto mothers could get more than 12/12 light because I only have a small indoor space. I didn’t get 1000’s of seeds but certainly enough to play with future generations of the photo line.

The female side I have 4 Samsquanch og from Mephisto. Need to get to know these plants as they mature but photo to auto seeds are in route.

I’m cutting it close, but I’m hoping to take a peak with some small plants outside by early July,

I’m thinking about doing F-gen work till auto and also looking for a killer male that heterozygous for auto but photo period male back to some samsquanch or 3BOG autos from Mephisto and work to auto from that kinda bx.

Thank you for reading my stoned ramblings about what I got going on in the spare bathroom

Mephisto Samsquanch gave me a few expressions from the four pack.
The one I would pick is what I call the candelabra bush. A lot of autos have this shape. Short and stocky with strong main stem and branches. It grows symmetrically and is easily trained. I like to tie this one down young rather than propping it up later. It will start growing like an upside-down umbrella in a stand with the branches hugging the main trunk. I pull the branches down and secure them to the rim of the container using pipe cleaners and safety pins. Strength training for later when the branches need to hold the weight of the ripening flowers.
Fun times. You've got some work ahead... good luck :cheers:
It will give you a good yield in a small space. That is important to some of us.

Last edited:
Had to cull one of the samsquanch out because it threw out a few balls. It was lagging behind the others in many qualities so I’m not gonna loose sleep over it.

FullMoonParty, Thank you for the structure recommendation. I grew them in pretty small pots, and two to a pot at that so gonna have to use my imagination on what they would look like scaled up, but two favorites lean in they direction for sure and they have a solid early see set. Should have a decent amount of beans for phase 2.

Looking at the seed development I’m hoping to have these ready to pop by early July. Im thinking a nice stud finding mission is in order, I’m thinking about picking 3-5 promising males and hitting them back to another Mephisto og type, prob 3 bears, as I’m out of samsquanch beans. Basically full send on making a regular auto og line to pull males from for the Tk s1’s from CSI that are sitting in the seed fridge. I’ll also look for some stand out ladies to take the auto x photo cross to F2, because might as well get real weird with it all.

I've been "breaking the rules" as far as transplanting late and squeezing a lot of smaller plants into small pots. I think we can find a better variety from more plants to choses from.

I have grown a few Mephistos that you mention, and they all have their unique traits to pick from. A little harder to get going but always frosty fire in the end. My absolute favorite was Sour Stomper which of course I can't find again. I think it was a "Reserve Artisan" or something like that.

I've been working with the Gnome Automatics line to create something like I described earlier. A lot of work was put into the gnome line up including plants that are mold resistant and can put up with my watering abuse. I still suck at watering, that's another topic.

What gnome lines have you been playing with ?
Seeds are still cooking nicely, got to pull the first mature seeds off the singular bracts that got the pollen first. Looking like I should have some cool new toys to play with soon. One plant is certainly standing out in the resin and bract to leaf ratio and nice symmetry, but I will be excited to clean the seeds over screens to hopefully get a decent idea of the moms effects.

What gnome lines have you been playing with ?
Seeds are still cooking nicely, got to pull the first mature seeds off the singular bracts that got the pollen first. Looking like I should have some cool new toys to play with soon. One plant is certainly standing out in the resin and bract to leaf ratio and nice symmetry, but I will be excited to clean the seeds over screens to hopefully get a decent idea of the moms effects.
I started with the Coal Miner's Daughter which were regular F-5's. My last chance at making any seeds at all. Regular Auto's are hard to find. I used pollen from a good CMD male to pollinate a pinkish CMD and later Witcher's Creek. The Witcher's is a few crosses down the line from CMD. I guess I'm "remixing" with great grandma. I popped a few and they are still all good but pretty random. I've been saving pollen from some of the males. We'll see if I did it right when I try using it.
I've grown almost all of the Gnome's cultivars and they are all pretty unique. If you like purple on purpose, there's a lot to choose from.

Well the first two samsquanch’s got the chop, going to give the sister plant to my favorite a week or two longer as she seems slower, gonna get them dry then some fridge time to hopefully have some good fun around mid July

happy solstice, 24 seeds of the samsquanch x spirit hp went into cubes. Let the fun begin!!!! I ran the plant material through the steam chalice and it was real nice for what it was so I’m optimistic on what’s inside this first look. Pictures will happen once they are up

Back