Ya I tried upping the feed and it started to burn the orange diesel next to it. Damn shared reservoir :shrug:

I think the problem all began with the need for supplemental calmag and it snowballed from there. I dialed back the power on my COBs and started adding some calmag+ which I believe would have prevented a lot of this had I done it all from the start. I live in a legal state so it hurts a little less when things go wrong, I can always find a bag of weed for a reasonable price. Just gonna chalk this one up as a learning experience.

The size of the plants caught me a little off guard too. All in all this run has taught me a bit about the path going forward, and I’m still excited for the next run. I think I have finally settled on a method and routine that I can dial in. Autopots and megacrop. I take complete responsibility for the less than stellar outcome this go round. :doh:
Good on you pal learn from mistakes and bounce back

I think the problem all began with the need for supplemental calmag

I hate calmag. The screws up the rez every time I use it. If I add it I know I gotta be all over checking pH twice a day for two days.

@bushmasterar15
Update time
Lots of monsters y'all are killin it..
Excellent work ... so jealous

57d6be8da21b51d9729484d6f0e05cd2.jpg
657f22e967a8eae1fb732a10e59858b5.jpg
dcb22916e946cf0489000e868f0e8e53.jpg
3c2a80bc71faffb5524432c2e1325876.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I hate calmag. The screws up the rez every time I use it. If I add it I know I gotta be all over checking pH twice a day for two days.

I tried not using it and ran into a deficiency that pointed towards a need for it. It definitely causes my PH to nose dive but I have found that after I’ve adjusted the PH it stays within a few ticks of where I set it.

I tried not using it and ran into a deficiency that pointed towards a need for it. It definitely causes my PH to nose dive but I have found that after I’ve adjusted the PH it stays within a few ticks of where I set it.

Sometimes. In my small rez If I have the time I will mix a whole fresh batch and that always stays where I put it. BUT, whenever I add calmag to a hot rez, it reacts and spikes twice. The initial pH spike down, and then as the chemistry magic happens, it spikes up overnight. On top of that, if there is a lot of slime or bacteria in there it does it a second time as the bacteria suck up the NPK and the residual calmag I added has it's way with the pH.

LOL. I just hate it, and it may cause me to stop using cobs with the large rez.

Back