Photoperiod Gender reversal

Source is experienced, trial error, And a few of the Published studies online about reversing fem cannabis plant to male . I have piles of pages with studies, pdfs, bookmarks. Not going to post them here, it would take time to sort and post that I dont have. I will post a screenshot of one comparative study just for integrity, Take this as you will. As to stage; When a photo shows preflower it is set to flip and mature. I am sure it can be done earlier but not by me or from the info I have read, so thats your science . But Yes Soak the plant once All node sites, then repeat once daily only at the growth tips of the nodes you wish to flip until male pods grow. All spraying the foliage will do is make your plant unhealthy. What You are doing is blocking the ethylene growth hormone from producing female flowers look it up.

Ga3 vs silver Using total a weight of 100 UG per plant that's like 5 ppm in a liter I think.

screenshot_99.jpg

Please post your source that states spray under and over entire plant Regards.

Last edited:
In addition the Studies application method. No more of this :aha: That's gotta be slap worthy no?

screenshot_100.jpg

In addition the Studies application method. No more of this :aha: That's gotta be slap worthy no?

View attachment 628602
Some good stats there Hab. many thanks for that.rep on the way, and if I can find out how to issue you a slap, I will do that too. Theres a lot going on, on the forum that goes over my head. Will dig up the info re the spraying all over advice. Wasn't too scientific a source obviously.
Anyways, your time and expertise is much appreciated. Bye for now.
Ah, OK, it's just a matter of going to the smilies depot. Did the rep anyway. So much to learn:dang:
:slap:

Last edited:
Hmm not sure but i would think male or female have preflowers which are similar at first, than the male would produce balls.....Lent out my copy of jorge Cervantes marijuana bible, its a good read well worth buying :D
Buy the new one cannabis encyclopedia shit is insane :D

Some good stats there Hab. many thanks for that.rep on the way, and if I can find out how to issue you a slap, I will do that too. Theres a lot going on, on the forum that goes over my head. Will dig up the info re the spraying all over advice. Wasn't too scientific a source obviously.
Anyways, your time and expertise is much appreciated. Bye for now.
Ah, OK, it's just a matter of going to the smilies depot. Did the rep anyway. So much to learn:dang:
:slap:

@Habitual ,just getting back to you on the spraying all over recommendation, and I quote

"The main problems caused by the spraying of CS onto the plants are:
- not spraying with a strong-enough solution
- not spraying thoroughly enough (we want to drench the whole plant)
- not spraying regularly enough (we want to spray at least once a day, but the more the better! aim for at least 3 sprays per day)
- not spraying for long enough (some hardy strains may need over 2-3 weeks spraying)"

this was from a lengthy DIY thread on International cannagraphic magazine, originally posted in 2007 and updated some years later.. on PPM/TDS he also said

"We're aiming for a solution that's at least 15ppm or more - it seems that with weaker solutions we can end up with male flowers that have little or no viable pollen, so if you do make it yourself get yourself a PPM/TDS meter, they're not expensive"

you seem to have a more scientific approach so I will be upping my ppm to 30-40 and just doing the tips where the flowers are produced. despite a couple of weeks of drenching my chosen clone with CS, it is damn healthy looking.
s'all for now.

UPDATE.
tried making my second batch of CS stronger, but the TDS stuck at 16 ppm for some reason;
BUT............I got balls!, like some of you helpful dudes told me, they appeared from amongst the female hairs.
continuing to spray just the flowering tips twice a day.
looking a bit bedraggled but maybe I would be too if someone was spraying me in the face with colloidal silver twice a day.

further update.
having thought I failed in my endeavours (I got a cola full of balls, plenty of stamens, but curiously no pollen),
I went pollen hunting; by this I mean I manually removed and opened some stamens to see if there was any pollen;
yes there was but it had to be freshly opened male flowers, nice plump stamens/bananas and even then only some had pollen.
the picture included is of material I had left off the plant a couple of days, hence the dry look.
anyway...it can be done...if you need to do it.
pick opened flowers (parachute/umbrella open with stamens dangling...in fact they may not dangle;
this is a reversed female so the balls can be upright, sideways etc),
remove from plant, tease of the stamens and then pick up each with a tweezers one by one,
and either tease them open with a point/pin or flick them about.
do it over glass or mirror and then either brush or puff the pollen onto whatever female you're dealing with.
its fiddly but think of those feminised seeds, or that saved strain and that will give you the drive to continue.
good luck.

Attachments

• pollen hunting - Copy.jpg
    pollen hunting - Copy.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 82
I've found coloidal siver to be more work than its worth for the volume of pollen produced. I find STS ( Silver Thiosulfate x Silver Nitrate ) solution works much better and usually only requires one spraying. The formula can be found here on AFN. The chemicals are both used in photography so are easy to find and price is low. $15-$20 can make more than you'll ever use!

I've found coloidal siver to be more work than its worth for the volume of pollen produced. I find STS ( Silver Thiosulfate x Silver Nitrate ) solution works much better and usually only requires one spraying. The formula can be found here on AFN. The chemicals are both used in photography so are easy to find and price is low. $15-$20 can make more than you'll ever use!
Everything I've found on sts is for a big batch I'd like know how much of each to add for about 3 small plants.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

you could adapt the recipe yourself to a smaller amount, but since it's already pretty small amounts of chemicals for a bigger batch, eventually you'll run into the problem that you would need an expensive very precise scale to measure the amounts. with a bigger batch you don't need such precise measurements, so it's easier.
but you can store it for a while in the fridge, so you could make a bigger batch and just save it for later, or throw it out if you don't need it anymore, it's not that expensive anyway.

Back