Fungus Gnats and Air-Pot

Thanks for the heads up Ripper.

I've not used any DE for exactly that reason, read it's nasty stuff if breathed in etc. I've only used Mosquito Dunks so far as they are allegedly non toxic....

"Made with Bt-israelensis (Bt-i), a highly specific biological pesticide, this product represent a major breakthrough for people and the environment when compared with the traditional toxic chemical approach to mosquito control. Will NOT harm people, pets, wildlife or fish."

They seem to be doing the trick so far so I hope that they've fixed the problem.

Thanks again

Stay lucky

Trimix

I had a gnat infest!! OMG!!! im still just getting over it!!! Mr @Waira is the man!! I also tried dunks thay are really good!! But it was Gnatrol WDG
Bacillus thuringiensis, subsp israelensis, strain AM 65-52 fermentation solids, toxins 37.4% spores. Dunks are made from this but can be weak.. Try the Gnatrol WDG its the same is a dunk but waay stronger!!
And bye bye all Gnats!!! the Israel strain is the best!!!
spam.gif
:haha:

http://www.valent.com/professional/products/gnatrol/

Thanks Elvis, will look into getting some Gnatrol if the evil little sods reemerge, but so far so good....mind you, everytime I post saying saying they've gone I fear the "commentators curse" will bring them back!

Cheers, stay lucky.

Trimix

Thanks Elvis, will look into getting some Gnatrol if the evil little sods reemerge, but so far so good....mind you, everytime I post saying saying they've gone I fear the "commentators curse" will bring them back!

Cheers, stay lucky.

Trimix

you will do a good job of getting the numbers down.. but you must use the gnatrol alot over time.. to completely kill them off.

Last edited:
Dammit!

Just returned home after being away for 6 days (love my Blumats!) and the girls are looking fantastic....but the gnats are back....in force!!

I'm between 10-15 days away from harvest so not much I can do as by the time I get some Gnatrol in it will be flush time. Will just put some fresh yellow stick traps down and hope for the best.

Like I say, the plants look more than fine, fattening up nicely and are smelling STRONG! Maybe the last run before I have to change my carbon filter.

I'm going to chuck the pots out...well use them for chillies in the garden and clean my cab like a demon when this run is done. I'm assuming a weak hydrogen peroxide solution should kill off any eggs?

Stay lucky.

Trimix

Tri'-- :doh: -hit'm again, there's time, and no negative effect on the plant,...remember, larvae are the true problem, eating roots,...indeed, a stubborn infestation can be something of a war! Did you do the brew I suggested? The pots won't harbor any larvae, but should be cleaned anyway as good hygiene practice.... the tent itself doesn't need such treatment for gnats at least, only if you had mites, and maybe an epic thrips invasion!

Back