Food dehydrator drying

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Has anyone here tried drying weed with standard food dehydrators?

I’m thinking of giving it a try. I am testing out all different kinds of drying methods to see which best suits me.

I know dehydrators can ruin weed, but wondering if anyone has had success with one.

If so, can anyone recommend me a food dehydrator that functions at a very low temperature also?

Not really interested in paying for WeDryer. Interested in a more generic brand. Cheaper ones

I used one four or so times. Mine goes so low in temp the heater never comes on so temp is whatever the room is.

It works but I quit doing it. I now hang dry in an old tent. Much better smell, taste etc...

My take on this is don't bother with a food dehydrator. Get yourself an appliance box from the local appliance store, install some cross wires and a hygrothermometer, and hang your branches or whole plants from the wires. Use your extraction fan to pull air through the closed box, and put a small computer fan in the bottom to move air around. If you baffle the suction duct to the extraction fan, you can adjust the RH in the box to whatever you want given the room temperature. You can do a really great dry this way, no smell if you are sucking the air through a filter, and it doesn't need a separate tent. Oh, and it is cheap, as in damn near free.

My go to method now after trying most of them. Good luck with it. :goodluck:

I think I remember doing a bit of reading and everything said the food dehyrators were not a good option. The herbsnow had great reviews and even a thread or two on here until they had an issue and went under.

I think this is the newer "powered" drying device. It's had a few positive reviews on here, if you're looking for a contained and faster way to dry.

Back