Outdoor flowering start date in the outdoors

One Love

DADDYD420SMILE
Reaction score
just trying to figure out what date will my outdoor plants actually start to flower. buddies in higher latitudes like at lat 45 in oregon starts to flower in late aug to early september. my latitude is 25 lat so when would my flowering begin

Aunty Berryl said hers start to flower early to mid september at 37°

I assume you're talking about photoperiod plants. It would depend on the genetics you're using. It could also depend on whether it is a strain that is acclimatized to the area you're growing. Lots of variables.

I also want to add something here. Again, we're talking about photoperiod plants. I have a streetlight right along my back fence so my plants get streetlight all night. I think my plants flower late because of this.

Yours should begin to flower in September ... most plants are not positioned to take full advantage of every bit of sunlight the time of year makes available to them ...

http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html

Daylightexplorer is a great tool. All photoperiod plants have a flower trigger. Some plants trigger with higher amounts of daylight(14.5hours) which will be the earliest strains to finish, and some take forever to get into flowering triggering around 12.5hours(usually pure sativas).

Back