First Timer using MegaCrop

Reaction score
I have been using MegaCrop for about a month now and I really like the product. I have been gradually feeding my plants more and more. I started around 1.5 grams a gallon and now am at 4 gr/gal. I use strait perlite as a medium using the hempy bucket style method. I have 2 different plant that have had strictly megacrop and one of the two has an issue. I am thinking it has to do with some calcium but would like a second opinion as my experience with this product is limited. I would love to dial this in.

Ph goes in 5.8 and drains out 6.2
IMG_20190413_090652.jpg
IMG_20190413_090628.jpg
IMG_20190413_090745.jpg

I have been using MegaCrop for about a month now and I really like the product. I have been gradually feeding my plants more and more. I started around 1.5 grams a gallon and now am at 4 gr/gal. I use strait perlite as a medium using the hempy bucket style method. I have 2 different plant that have had strictly megacrop and one of the two has an issue. I am thinking it has to do with some calcium but would like a second opinion as my experience with this product is limited. I would love to dial this in.

Ph goes in 5.8 and drains out 6.2View attachment 1044404 View attachment 1044405 View attachment 1044406
Im still using the old formula and I only supplement epsom salts. Thats a magnesium deficiency. I know another grower that uses the new formula and it still lacks mg for leds. If you run led, the ppm per gallon, for mg, should be around 40-70 ppm. Some strains like a little more.
The old formula at 4g/gal equals only about 18ppms of mg. The new formula at 4g/gallon is still very low for my liking and its only around 22 ppm per gallon.
Whatever formula youre using, add 1g/gallon of epsom and that will be the low threshold of ppm (for led lighting). Wait a week and if the issue does not go away increase the epsom salts.
I think GLN should make a led version of MC.

Hey folks i know everybody says u only need Megacrop but sweet candy is so so good for your gals and they’ll love u for adding a little extra to their plates. And there’s magnesium in it to supp for us high powered led users. Plus all the extras.

I’ve drastically reduced the amount of CA/mg from GH that I use and have upped the epsom and had no issues. I think the Calmag was just to much calcium and N for the amounts needed to solve my Mg def. So this run MC1 with 1:4 old dose of Old calmag and 1/4 tsp per gallon of epsom every other feed and they have been deficiency free.

Saves me even more money
FB:chimp:

Thank you all for some very constructive feedback. I do grow under LED's some EB gen 2 strips with a mix of 5000k and 3500k. I am up to 6 grams a gallon and I have noticed the plant is correcting itself. I think adding cal-mag was a wrong choice I made a couple of weeks ago. I think increasing megacrop 2.0 should of been my first step. I like the epson salts as a direct mag correction and will take that into consideration next time. I will be putting in an order for some sweet candy as I wanted a little boost when moving to flower anyway. I can also use it in veg if needed. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Thank you all for some very constructive feedback. I do grow under LED's some EB gen 2 strips with a mix of 5000k and 3500k. I am up to 6 grams a gallon and I have noticed the plant is correcting itself. I think adding cal-mag was a wrong choice I made a couple of weeks ago. I think increasing megacrop 2.0 should of been my first step. I like the epson salts as a direct mag correction and will take that into consideration next time. I will be putting in an order for some sweet candy as I wanted a little boost when moving to flower anyway. I can also use it in veg if needed. Thanks again for the suggestions.
The sweet candy is a great idea. I

Back