First timer advice on soil/nutes?

Reaction score
Hello all!!! First post here for me and about to start my first grow first let me say I am freaking out about my soil mixture and Nutes! I decided to go with promix HP for the full duration from germination. I will be planting an auto flower as well. So my confusion I guess is the nutes. When do you add and how often. What signs do I look for while growing to tell me the plants need more of something? I know the process will be trial and error and I hope to grow some beautiful plants like you guys soon! TIA for any input

Hello there and welcome to AFN :welcome: I have no advice because I grow in coco but for starters I’d suggest using Search in upper right corner to find Promix HP in previous posts. For sure you will get replies to your questions here but you can find good info for later in your grow. Check out some journals too I’m sure you’ll find Promix being used and what they’ve done successfully. Good luck on the grow!

Hello all!!! First post here for me and about to start my first grow first let me say I am freaking out about my soil mixture and Nutes! I decided to go with promix HP for the full duration from germination. I will be planting an auto flower as well. So my confusion I guess is the nutes. When do you add and how often. What signs do I look for while growing to tell me the plants need more of something? I know the process will be trial and error and I hope to grow some beautiful plants like you guys soon! TIA for any input
Welcome!

I ran pro mix hp started giving them 1/4 or even 1/8 strength starting 7 to 10 days after they pop the soil. Grew some nice plants in hp. I was using fox farms trio nutes at that time. If you get some happy frog you can go 3 weeks without really having to do anything but water.

Welcome @CkCarroll ... :welcome:...first decide which style your going to try out, liquids, dry ammendments etc. then you can try the search to get a better understanding of that process.....we all develop our own style of growing. :goodluck:
fullmonty.jpg
handbud.jpg

On my first few grows I used Sensi Grow/Sensi Bloom and it was trouble-free until I started buying other stuff and adding to the mix. It's four bottles, no trouble and great results.

I'm sure they have a feeding schedule for ProMix HP on their website if they're smart, at least.

I've never been a fan of coco, but was trying to find a good soil for cannabis local to a friend, that's the one I recommended. But I just went to their site and am thinking of maybe trying it myself. Tag me if you blog your grow. And welcome again!

... grrr... cute little animated icons not working...

I would suggest reading up on growing in promix and coco. They're pretty close. Neither supplies any nutritional values whatsoever. After about 7 days above ground you'll have to start supplying nutrients. Start at 1/4 strength and slowly increase. Emphasis on slowly.. add cal mag . Water to runoff and test runoff every time.. .. I've grown in promix and coco and I'd say I'd prefer coco.. it's easier to correct issues. But next grow for me is going to be soil.. I like to change it up and try new things.. Read up.. good luck bro...

Back