Indoor First time grow, lets see how it goes. NL Cheese Auto

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for viewing!

First time growing as I said.
I have a 2ft x 2ft x 3ft grow tent.
So far I have 4 T5 2ft 6400k 24W fluorescent bulbs.
Soil is ~70% Happy Frog and ~30% Perlite.
Both are in 3gallon pots
The strain is NL Cheese Autoflower from the MinistryofCannabis.com

They are two days out of the ground now, I germinated them using a paper towl method. I should have put them in the soil probably a day earlier, but they seem fine. After they both gain a little gerth, I plan to buy at minimum two more 60W equivelant CFL lightbulbs to hang around the sides of the plants. Not quite sure when to take them off 6400k and put them on 3000K. I think when they start flowering cycle, I will replace the 4 T5's with 2700K and the CFL's will become 6400K. Still not sure what nutrients I might use. I was given two decently sized free samplers from my local growing supply shop. One of the seedlings is a little stunted because the seed casing has given it a lot of trouble. This after noon it kind of broke free and is now sceured onto the one leave tip. It's on there quite well, and any attempt at taking it off basically shakes the root foundation of the plant. So I'm going to leave it be. Ill post daily with entries. Thanks
P.s- Always looking for tips. Thanks

Attachments

• Day 2(plant 2).jpg
    Day 2(plant 2).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 78
  • day 2.jpg
    day 2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hey everybody, day 5 here.
-One of my plants is doing fantastic, growing really well. My other is still quite stunted, I ripped the seed off as It seemed it would not budge naturally. I'm still going to try and nurse it back to health. It hasn't really grown much in the past 2 days. I watered the first time when the germinated seeds went into the dirt. And again about two days later when they just sprouted (the soil was quite dry, and I only watered half). Then I watered again yesterday as the soil was dry again. These plants are incredibly small and are in quite large buckets. I haven't been watering till I see runoff. Should I be?

Attachments

• day 5.jpg
    day 5.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 88
  • day 5 (2).jpg
    day 5 (2).jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 78
  • day 5 (3).jpg
    day 5 (3).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 77
  • both day 5.jpg
    both day 5.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 78
  • day 5 (4).jpg
    day 5 (4).jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 72
day 7 (2).jpg
day 7 (3).jpg
day 7 (4).jpg
day 7 (5).jpg
day 7.jpg
Update: Hi everyone, good news. The little stunted one has seemed to grow just a bit, and I see a tiny new set of leaves tucked away. Hopefully she'll recover well and start growing a lot more in the coming week. The other one is chugging along, growing and has sprouted a new set of leaves which has grown themselves quite a bit over the last day. I watered them yesterday, more than I have before, because the soil has been drying out really frequently, almost every 2 days. So I watered each about a half gallon (ph at about 6-6.5) and had a little more drainage than I wanted. Maybe i'll give them a little less next time. The lights have been staying at 20/4. I was given a free bottle of "Botanicare HydroGuard™ " Which is a 'Bacillus root inoculant. The back recommends giving it to the plant every watering through flowering. I don't know about it much. If I begin to use it i'm sure I'll cut them recommend dose in 1/2 or 1/4 because I have heard Auto's are pretty sensitive to nutes. The other free nutrient I got was "Botanicare RHIZO BLAST™" the back says "A powerful root developing tonic that boosts root growth. contains a blendof multiband single celled algae that help generate root growth wihile maintain a strong rhizosphere." Only reccomened for vegetation and bloom transition stage. If someone can get back to me on either, I will most likely begin using one or the either by next week.
Thanks!

Hey I am just now seein this thread they both look great actually, the little one will be just fine she is super green and healthy just a late started don't be mad at her lol I will follow along and see if we cant get some other vets to follow along as well. @StarBright I am sure would love to follow along and of course @Waira and @Grim Reefer will probably peek in if I had to guess. Again great job and welcome to AFN!!!

Also you should get yourself an avatar and come over to the live stoners thread, it is a great place to meet lots of the great folks here and get to know the site. Just follow the link tell them I sent ya and say hi to everyone. Everybody else will do the rest and give you a warm welcome, also if you put your grow link in your signature it will increase traffic to your grow. Hope to see you there!

Hey everybody, day 5 here.
-One of my plants is doing fantastic, growing really well. My other is still quite stunted, I ripped the seed off as It seemed it would not budge naturally. I'm still going to try and nurse it back to health. It hasn't really grown much in the past 2 days. I watered the first time when the germinated seeds went into the dirt. And again about two days later when they just sprouted (the soil was quite dry, and I only watered half). Then I watered again yesterday as the soil was dry again. These plants are incredibly small and are in quite large buckets. I haven't been watering till I see runoff. Should I be?
When the helmet is stuck on, mist it with a spray bottle for at least a day. If it doesn't come off on its own you can gently try to remove it, which should be easy when moist. If it does not easily come off, keep misting! Just for future reference since seedlings are so delicate. Size does not really matter right now. I've had runts really surprise me and grow to pass all the others! You're doing a good job! There's plenty of great people here to help you along the way if you need us! Welcome!! I look forward to watching these girls grow up!

Back