First time grow GG from ILGM

20220201_221935.jpg

Any tips on drying and curing??

Reactions: blue

Kyote

Congrats !!
I'm finishing a grow now and wasn't sure if I should go some photos or go with the ILGM GG auto seeds left over from a grow this summer. After checking out your journal, I'm sold. GG autos for the win!

Congrats on the harvest!

View attachment 1414867
Any tips on drying and curing??

A bit more on the drying. If a smaller stem cracks (not so dry that it breaks off, just a snap to it), then the buds are ready to be trimmed. The outside of the buds will feel dry to you.. maybe around day 6 or so. That is normal as the moisture on the inside of the bud needs to wick out. So somewhere around 10 days, maybe a couple more or less, it's time to trim.

After trimming, i use quart canning jars. I stick a small hydrometer in there and see what it reads after a day or so. Then time to remove the lids and let some new air in and the old air out. IF you RH is low after 24 hours and not rising, you can put a boveda in the jar to bring the RH up. Just keep burping once or twice a day until RH stabilizes for 24 hours at the RH you want to store them at. Most folks either go for 58%RH or 62%RH boveda packs for storage.

There are also Grove bags for curing and storage, but i've only used canning jars.

Hope this makes some sorta sense for you :smoking:

I'm finishing a grow now and wasn't sure if I should go some photos or go with the ILGM GG auto seeds left over from a grow this summer. After checking out your journal, I'm sold. GG autos for the win!

Congrats on the harvest!
Thanks buddy I appreciate it I did a lot of research and spend a lot of time working with my girls

Just a heads up. If you journal your next grow from seed to final dry weight, you qualify to be in the Cultivator's Club. CC opens up another level to you that is well worth it! :thumbsup:

Just a heads up. If you journal your next grow from seed to final dry weight, you qualify to be in the Cultivator's Club. CC opens up another level to you that is well worth it! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info much appreciated!!

Back