New Grower First Soil Grow - First AutoFlower

TORONTO_grower

Strain Smoker
Reaction score
When you receive this message I hope it finds you in good spirits.

If your afraid to get wet...then you never learn to swim.

I was slacking in the last 2 weeks with getting the journal started

Seeds planted March 28th

Popped their heads on 31st

Grabbed some Autos - Gorilla Glue and Critical Purple, decided to start with the Critical Purple as they are supposed to take a bit longer... in 35-40 days I will pop the Gorilla Glue

Never grew in soil or under LED's, the old hydro head in me keeps thinking the PH is too high.

Tent - 2x4 with 4" exhaust fan and carbon filter (not running yet)
Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Seeds - Growers Choice
Pots - 5 gallon
Lights - 2x300w china special Viparspectra

View media item 18191
Growing in a 2x4 tent in Fox Farm Soil. Germinated 2 seeds in paper towel

Threw them in the tent under some "homemade" domes, and my 300w china special viparspectra

View media item 18205
Babies popped their heads in 3 days, I saw alot about the soil being hot and that it will burn them and they will die, but they are good! Watering small circle around the sprouts. Planted in 5 gallon smart pots.

View media item 18192
View media item 18193

Last edited:
dont dis your lights infront of the plants,dont want them picking up on it :eyebrows: many a nice plant grown under a nasty light :smokeit:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Babies are moving along nice, turned on the fan raised the lights and set up the IP camera. MY grow is not located in my home, so remote access is super important to me.
My grow partner is a rookie (so am I in soil) So when hes tending to the grow I need to communicate directions, its good to have eyes in the room.

View media item 18203
View media item 18202
I access remote on mobile or desktop here is a screen cap of the IP stream.and some snaps of the babies now.
View media item 18206View media item 18200
View media item 18201
Added some liquid seaweed to the last watering. I'm not feeding for the first 4 weeks to allow the soil to do its thing. I will be watering with seaweed and top dressing with Gaia Green end of veg and through bloom.
View media item 18195
View media item 18194View media item 18197View media item 18207

Last edited:
@archie gemmill hahah I hear ya ...but "china special " is the way i describe any china product.

In all truths I still have respect for the lights...kinda. Pass the fried rice!

Last edited:
hey guys im the rookie. first autoflower. first soil grow. first led. first grow ever. lol.

Last edited:
without the guidance of my grow partner would not have gotten this far in my first grow of my life.

looking good @TORONTO_grower How old are your girls? I was thinking of purchasing the Viparspectra lights as well as they seemed to have good reviews but decided to go with the Optic 6. Came into a few extra dollars so that was apart of my decision to go with the optic 6 . … So happy that growing is legal in Canada!!!!

i am from Ontario as well …. Godspeed on your grow!!!

Back