New Grower First official grow KIS Biochar + LED + MEPHISTO

I've been feeding 48oz via top feed and 40oz via bottom since day 4, every other day. I've been reading everywhere not to over water, but ever since day 4 my girls have been growing exponentially. Guess the KIS biochar is amazing soil.

Day 11 Sweet n Sours & Strawberry Nuggets

The strawberry nuggets has barely stretched and it's first set of leaves are basically touching the soil, but the growth and color are great. A little stunted I guess.

IMG_2679.jpg
IMG_2680.jpg
IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2683.jpg

Day 4 Ghost Toof

IMG_2684.jpg

Last edited:
Today is day 14 for the Sweet N Sours & Strawberry Nuggets. Day 7 for Ghost Toof. The big ladies got fed 64ozs this morning and the ghost toof got 40ozs, and they all got bottom fed as well, just whatever they wicked up in 30 minutes. I've been feeding coco + aloe throughout the grow so far, and I think the girls are loving it. They've been growing at a steady pace, except for the strawberry nuggets which I think will be stunted, unless it decides to stretch later. It's first node is touching the soil lol. I'm also really surprised how easy this is going for me, thanks @KIS

IMG_2704.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg
IMG_2707.jpg
IMG_2708.jpg

Fed all the girls compost tea last night made with African night crawler castings, KIS microbe catalyst and alfalfa meal. I then added coconut powder and aloe powder after brewing.

Day 17 Sweet N Sours and Strawberry Nuggets

Started doing some leaf tucking to the Sweet n Sours. One of them is responding extremely well and all of the shoots are just growing straight up.

The Strawberry Nuggets is definitely a slow grower, it still barely has it's 4th node
rolling_eyes.png

IMG_2749.jpg
IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2751.jpg

Day 10 Ghost Toof

IMG_2752.jpg

Little update for ya guys. Started a new feed schedule, since I was just doing teas whenever. Doing a 10 day cycle, every other day feed. Today I fed 4oz malted barley/per gallon, ground in water + aloe and coconut. I may have over watered the Ghost Toof slighty. The Sweet n Sours are starting to flower nicely and the Strawberry Nuggets is definitely a slow one and super bushy.

Sweet n Sours Day 28
IMG_2846.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg

Strawberry Nuggets Day 28 Ghost Toof Day 21
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2851.jpg

On day 43 for the Sweet n Sours and Strawberry Nuggets, and Day 36 for the Ghost Toof. I'm starting to think that there might not be enough nutrients in the soil for my babies. The two Sweet N Sours have been having issues since the whole over watering fiasco, and now it seems like there might be a nitrogen and phosphorus deficiency. The Strawberry Nuggets has been doing great but it's starting to show deficiencies as well and she's been watered just right. Thinking about doing a light feeding. I top dressed 3/4 of the girls with 1/4 cup of craft blend from buildasoil yesterday. Let me know your thoughts guys!

IMG_2931.jpg
IMG_2930.jpg
IMG_2933.jpg
IMG_2935.jpg
IMG_2934.jpg

Okay so I've been trying to nurse them back to health and they seem to responding well. The Sweet n Sour on the left is doing the worst out of the four, and growth has definitely been stunted. But they're all flowering nicely now except for a nitrogen deficiency that's affecting both Sweet n Sours and the Strawberry Nuggets.

I thought the KIS biochar would have enough nutrients through flower but I guess I was wrong. Learned a lot from this first grow though and already deciding what I should plant for my second. I've watered them three times since my last post. Once with a kelp tea and a quarter dose of Thrive Bloom, the second I fed a double dose of Recharge in case I had any pH issues, and then this morning with aloe, coconut, thrive bloom and thrive N.

The trich's are coming fast!
IMG_2968.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
IMG_2970.jpg
IMG_2971.jpg
IMG_2972.jpg
IMG_2973.jpg
IMG_2974.jpg

Okay so I've been trying to nurse them back to health and they seem to responding well. The Sweet n Sour on the left is doing the worst out of the four, and growth has definitely been stunted. But they're all flowering nicely now except for a nitrogen deficiency that's affecting both Sweet n Sours and the Strawberry Nuggets.

I thought the KIS biochar would have enough nutrients through flower but I guess I was wrong. Learned a lot from this first grow though and already deciding what I should plant for my second. I've watered them three times since my last post. Once with a kelp tea and a quarter dose of Thrive Bloom, the second I fed a double dose of Recharge in case I had any pH issues, and then this morning with aloe, coconut, thrive bloom and thrive N.

The trich's are coming fast!
View attachment 1118765View attachment 1118766View attachment 1118764View attachment 1118763View attachment 1118761View attachment 1118762View attachment 1118760

I learned myself this grow about my water only soil running out of nutes, the hard way. I was late figuring things out, I'll be.on my 3rd water since with Recharge and the FF Bloom nutes. Live and learn I guess. Your plants look much better than mine. Mine really reacted badly and slowed flowering.

I learned myself this grow about my water only soil running out of nutes, the hard way. I was late figuring things out, I'll be.on my 3rd water since with Recharge and the FF Bloom nutes. Live and learn I guess. Your plants look much better than mine. Mine really reacted badly and slowed flowering.

Did you mix your own or buy a premixed? You should try out adding aloe and coconut, I think it helped a lot with growth and root development. I used aloe since germination and added coconut in like week 2.

Back