New Grower First grow! Northerlights X Bigbud auto and Expert Seeds Expert Gorilla

Reaction score
Starting my first grow ever. I have a 2.5x2.5x 5 grow tent in a closet. I ordered seeds from 3 different banks and the first ones came in so I dropped one in some spring water to soak, after that I will transfer it to do the paper towel method. The seeds I got were NL x BB autos. I have bought everything I will need and more. I have two different lights for the first grow I'm gonna run the marshydro ts600. Gonna use some smart pots prob 3 gallon but may switch to 5 I have both. I'm going to just run soil with fox farms ocean forest. I am also going to run the fox farms cultivation nation nutes feeding schedule. I have a 3 stage RODI unit in my house so I'll use that for my water but I will be checking it's PH just to make sure it's correct. I'll update as things progress. I'm pretty pumped to get this rolling. Thanks to everyone in advance for advice and your comments.
Screenshot_20200426-181726.png
15879439964015712106696581894068.jpg
MVIMG_20200426_181436.jpg
MVIMG_20200426_181354.jpg
MVIMG_20200426_181332.jpg
MVIMG_20200426_181319.jpg

FYI: Don't water with RO only. It needs an additive etc.

If you want the 5g pots, do it from the start.
You can up pot autos but it can be dicey so until you got transplanting experience, plant the seed in its final pot: Autos have a time restraint and any stress caused by trx will hit you right in the yeilds...
But looks like you're ready to Rock n Grow...
Good luck.

If you want the 5g pots, do it from the start.
You can up pot autos but it can be dicey so until you got transplanting experience, plant the seed in its final pot: Autos have a time restraint and any stress caused by trx will hit you right in the yeilds...
But looks like you're ready to Rock n Grow...
Good luck.
If i want to restrict the size of the plant to be a bit smaller using a 3 gallon instead of a 5 gallon would help to keep it a bit smaller correct? because from most of the grow journals ive been reading with BB x NL it looks to be a monster.

On this site I’ve seen monsters from 2L soda bottles!

Tested the mars hydro on a dry run for heat and on a 18/6 cycle the grow tent hit 87 at the highest. Little high but it was typically 75-85.
Running the same 18/6 test with my other light. Let's see if it runs cooler. Its over 2x as powerfull as the ts600 but has active cooling.
20200427_203652.jpg

Well my big light is just too much light for the 2.5x.25x5 grow tent it hit 93 in 2 hours time, way too hot.
Looks like i will be going with the mars hydro, running the big light would require AC directly pumped into the closet probably.

Just a question, that 93 was with the exhaust fan running?
No, i ran both test without the exhaust fan running to see the max temps both lights would achieve, i dont think even with the exhaust fan running it would do much good for the bigger light, its just a monster, i really believe to be able to run it ac would have to be pumped into the tent.

Back