New Grower First Grow - Nirvana's Blue Mystic Auto

Well, I am not sure about that. I understand in hydroponic system, ALL of the roots are submerged in the water. Each end of them roots need to get oxygen so air stone and pump are needed. But if you look closely at the top of the photo, those roots are sticking out of those smaller holes and they do all the work of oxygen consumption. You know when roots expose to air space, it will not grow more, just like air pruning pots, so they can't reach the water reservoir at the bottom. I think plants can give out priorities to tell roots do different jobs, one job for oxygen intake and another for juice uptake. I hope I am making sense here :) but yeah, very good question. I may try it next time.
Each of my tanks has an air stone inside and I use a four-way pump.

8fc30d36e2e9983d6eee71541c58a183.jpg

4cf23a3e19d99dd9b3aa4e6639f31d2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yup. That was my intention and I glad I try it out. My next idea is to have some clear hose, installed on the outside of the bucket , to show the water level which it help me better know how much water left. Right now, I have to tilt the whole bucket on one side and check water level by its runoff. Better yet I might build an automatically filling up the reservoir with another bucket on the side . This way I can go on vacation for weeks without worrying about feeding it. Thank you Bailey!
I was thinking of drilling another hole and putting u know a small fish tank air bubbler in aswell obviously just a small hole for the tub to go through

My friend's son, who's raising the ladies with me, was talking about doing something like that. He wanted to make a system that would circulate the water through all the plants and maintain the water level. That fell through when we realized we have plants in different phases, so the same water for all wouldn't work.

I'm also thinking about starting a separate room for flowering girls, separate from the veg room. So we may end up trying a setup like that for the veg room. Please keep us posted on how the project goes. I may just follow the lead. :)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, that would need alot of engineering works but I think I can do that too. If you like the pots running on your tent, Go for it! You guys will love it. It's plastic and you guys can be creative at your pace.

I just ordered 5 blue mystics from the vault. Lurking around I found your journal and lil lady. She's looking good! I need to read more about these buckets you made, looks interesting. You don't water from the top?

Hi iampepe, you will like Blue Mystic. Very good strain. Did you run through google and found this thread?

I water them like picture below. It runs through the funnel down to the bottom bucket via pvc pipe.
5e375feb997650bd4a6369d0dd04eb87.jpg

Awesome grow man! How are the odor levels at this stage of the grow for both Mystic and Bubblicious?
Blue Mystic got some light blueberry scent. No strong odor like I know. Very pleasant and fruity like you cut open a new fresh blueberry. You will like the strain if you like smelling a cannabis plant. Young baby girl Bubblicious doesn't give out smell yet. It hasn't developed flower sites yet. Stay tuned. :)

Back