New Grower First grow Mephisto Sour Livers Day 49

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The Bizz(aka Dogwalker #4) by Siren, best flower I've smoked in a year
My first plant in my first legal grow. Mephisto Sour Livers seed dropped in water on 01/29/2019 and into rapid rooter starter cube in seed tray on heating mat after 24 hours. Potted into super soil in 7 gal airpot with DIY soil & plant saucer aeration/multiple root zone system on Day 7. Lights are custom DIY LED Bridgelux EB series strip lights at 50watts/sqft not including T5 uvb and 3000k tubes for side fill lighting Showed sex on Day 30. Minor nutrient burn on Day 43 from slightly hot worm casting/bat guano/organic fertilizer tea so switched to only water from that point. First trichomes visible on Day 45. Now, Day 49, and trichomes starting to show on all flowers. Still only a light, exotic, fruity scent at this point rather than the skunky dankness described in seed catalog, but I suspect that will rapidly change in the next two weeks. My best uneducated guess is that this girl will finish right at the 65-70 day mark stated in the seed catalog. I favor mature bud rather than early, so I plan to let her get fully ripe. Much love to all at Mephisto Genetics! I hope to have some of this flower along with a few others with me to share at the Autoflower Cup.

Day 51 from seed Mephisto Sour Livers 760w into 24 Bridgelux EB 1120mm strips, 54w T5 Reptisun 10.0 UVB, 54w 3000K T5 4x4 Tent Supersoil in 7gal Airpots with DIY soil & saucer aeration.
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 63
When I harvest this one I'm going to run 2 seeds of Sour Livers in same 7 gal Airpot. If it does as expected based on this plant, it should be a sick bud to leaf/plant ratio.
After looking at my posts, I guess it's time to get the tripod out and up my photography game, fuck, I didn't need this shit.

last two pics above are of the two scrawniest colas on the plant. As you can see I set up an additional 9w LED directly on them. Also UVB and 3000k T5s on the other side and here are pics of my main LEDs.

Nice growing!

The sour livers are some crazy girls that is for sure! Almost no fans leaves and many tops!

I am day 64 and just put two of them on water.

I have two different phenotypes, 1 squat and 1 big!

Love your light setup. I see you have cloth pots and airpots. Which do you prefer?

Love your light setup. I see you have cloth pots and airpots. Which do you prefer?
It's my first grow and I have a DIY soil aeration in the bottom of the Airpots. I need more experience to assess properly, but I can tell from the way my White Chem is now drinking that it is truly in a "dual" root zone and sucking up 1 gal plus per day from bottom watering alone. Still doing occasional top soil drench but mostly from below. My goal was to replicate the AutoPots with air dome and I think I succeeded aside from the auto watering part. I will be ordering the Autopots soon to replace the fabrics.

Thanks. I have one more going that I think will be even nicer. hopefully my grows will get better and better. Going to look and see if you have pics up. If not please post if you can.

Back