First grow - help is greatly appreciated!

I appreciate all the quick responses, this goes without saying but our community is the best one there is.

Onelove brothers and sisters! :worship::smoking::biggrin:
You will get help very quickly on afn and no question is a dumb one in the growing game

Keep on running, I think you'll be suprised after another week or so. I believe you said your temps were as low as 19C or 66F. That's a bit low. They'll grow fine, but have found better growth if temps are maintained 75 to 82*F or 24 to 28C under LED.

Hey m8.. not sure still about their days old above ground which is important when making a visual call but if u asked me to guess how many days above cube I'd say 5-7 days..

Anyway.. not sure what the root riot kit is but I always germimate in root riot cubes.. pre soaked in like warm water nothing special.. then into an air tight lunch box onto a wee heat mat with a folded t shirt or the like between the heat and the box and leave for 3/4 days I usually have a new baby..

At that stage I'm usually right into the final pot.. What's important for me and I think lots of new growers don't get straight away is that a little seedling only needs a little water.. every time I put a cube in a final pot I water only small amounts increasing as the plant grows.. starting usually with 50/100ml first week. Up to maybe 150/250 week 2 and so on increasing as she grows.. by around end of week 3 I'm watering to the max that the pot can take and going wet dry cycle which by then is usually every 24 hours anyway.

The solos are very handy too.. they give a soil grower a proper look at how much liquid a little plant needs.. theyre an education.. and transplant type cups which I think Arthur mentioned.. apologies if was someone else also very handy.

Personally as soon as she pops the cube shes in the dirt watered every 24 hours increasing..

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those babies as far as I'm concerned atm.. wee apples grow big brother.

Nice to meet ya. H2G.

Hey m8.. not sure still about their days old above ground which is important when making a visual call but if u asked me to guess how many days above cube I'd say 5-7 days..

Anyway.. not sure what the root riot kit is but I always germimate in root riot cubes.. pre soaked in like warm water nothing special.. then into an air tight lunch box onto a wee heat mat with a folded t shirt or the like between the heat and the box and leave for 3/4 days I usually have a new baby..

At that stage I'm usually right into the final pot.. What's important for me and I think lots of new growers don't get straight away is that a little seedling only needs a little water.. every time I put a cube in a final pot I water only small amounts increasing as the plant grows.. starting usually with 50/100ml first week. Up to maybe 150/250 week 2 and so on increasing as she grows.. by around end of week 3 I'm watering to the max that the pot can take and going wet dry cycle which by then is usually every 24 hours anyway.

The solos are very handy too.. they give a soil grower a proper look at how much liquid a little plant needs.. theyre an education.. and transplant type cups which I think Arthur mentioned.. apologies if was someone else also very handy.

Personally as soon as she pops the cube shes in the dirt watered every 24 hours increasing..

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those babies as far as I'm concerned atm.. wee apples grow big brother.

Nice to meet ya. H2G.

Hey m8, nice to meet you too!

Rootit are the same as Root riot i think, its a spongelike material in wich you germinate the seeds. I think the problem was that i overwatered them a little in the beginning, but now as I gave it time they have made a beautiful recovery. I'm about to post some pictures but they are sleeping the the moment and want a nice picture with the lights on. :)

They actully suprised me how big they got in such a small amount of time, as a first time grower im constantly amazed by those plants. Weee this is too much fun!! :D

Keep on running, I think you'll be suprised after another week or so. I believe you said your temps were as low as 19C or 66F. That's a bit low. They'll grow fine, but have found better growth if temps are maintained 75 to 82*F or 24 to 28C under LED.

Hey Arthur, and thanks for the reply.

Just like you said, they suprised me.. BIG TIME! I guess patience is a virtue I am yet to develop... xD Regarding the temps, when im home i can maintain it around 22-23c during nightperiod, but when im away it goes down to around 18c, its because computer/tv etc is off... Maybe i should invest in an AC unit to keep the temps up but im afraid to stuff the tent too much with equipment as well..

I have another question I would appreciate help with.

My tent is 90x90x185cm in size with 1 inlinefan sucking out the hot air. I also have two oscillating fans as well wich are SQUEEKY AS HELL. I just can't take it.. Will it be enough air circulation in the tent with 2 static fans and the inline fan sucking out air? Will it impact growth alot if i dont use oscillating ones?

Hey m8, nice to meet you too!

Rootit are the same as Root riot i think, its a spongelike material in wich you germinate the seeds. I think the problem was that i overwatered them a little in the beginning, but now as I gave it time they have made a beautiful recovery. I'm about to post some pictures but they are sleeping the the moment and want a nice picture with the lights on. :)

They actully suprised me how big they got in such a small amount of time, as a first time grower im constantly amazed by those plants. Weee this is too much fun!! :D

I have another question I would appreciate help with.

My tent is 90x90x185cm in size with 1 inlinefan sucking out the hot air. I also have two oscillating fans as well wich are SQUEEKY AS HELL. I just can't take it.. Will it be enough air circulation in the tent with 2 static fans and the inline fan sucking out air? Will it impact growth alot if i dont use oscillating ones?
My tents 80x80cm m8. I have an extraction to take hot air out with passive intake and 1 static fan in the tent and it works just fine for me. This growing lark is extremely addictive.. I can tell your instantly hooked :d5: :jointman:

Back