New Grower First grow ever, Trans Siberian (Auto Seeds)

Cupping seems to have improved so I'll leave lights the way they are for now.

I do have some questions though. Is the dark green on the leaves just because they are newer leaves or does it mean anything?

In next day or two I am going to begin LST. Do I just bend the top over and tie so it's horizontal? Do I need to look at main stem and bend in a certain direction or does it not matter?

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_000501.jpg
    IMG_20200407_000501.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200407_000410.jpg
    IMG_20200407_000410.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 34
Thanks, I did bump up temp. Now it's bouncing between 75 and 85 with light off. I probably need to insulate outside of tent and or maybe put some concrete blocks inside to help retain a more consistent temperature.
It may be a little bit of a pain at this point but I layered old blankets about 1.5" depth under my tent liner. I am over a an unheated crawl space and my floors are very cold in the winter. Really helped get my heat up.

It may be a little bit of a pain at this point but I layered old blankets about 1.5" depth under my tent liner. I am over a an unheated crawl space and my floors are very cold in the winter. Really helped get my heat up.
Fortunately I had an old moving box and I actually put that down before I set up tent. I was still having some issues and tent was to much of pain to move so I put more cardboard on outside of sides. I could get to back of tent though but I actually wrapped a wool over part of sides and entire front which helped a little bit. Now that weather is warming up though I am noticing I can turn down temp on heater in tent though.

Day 24:

Things are still going pretty good. So I'm getting kinda confused now though. I had some cupping and when I moved away light it got better and worse when I added more light. However as you can see she is definitely leggy.

Hoping that this LST will let more light get to her and spur some growth of new cola sites. Other then that she definitely seems happy.

IMG_20200409_031253.jpg
IMG_20200409_031249.jpg

Looking good so far.
Look at it this way, the plant saved you defoliating:smoking:

Nothing wrong with being a little more lanky :thumbsup: as long as you have the height for it:eyebrows:
She's kind of got an outdoor look to her
Just curious, what's your current light situation?
One sf1000, full power (150W) @ 30" above
And the other turned off?

Currently as of yesterday I have both lights on at about 24" I think. Will have to confirm when I get home though. Both lights are same LEDs and power of 100 watts.

Oh I thought the spiderfarmers were 150W same as the Ts1000, so you've got the same as me buddy :thumbsup:
You're at full power? Or dimmed?
I've got the 100W marshydro, it's just zip tied to the top of my tent with the cables it came with, which conveniently left about 6" to strap my filter up against the cross bars, 54" tent, about 12" pots,
So I have right about 3 feet of clearance soil to light and have found it to be a pretty good distance to let them just grow up towards the light, other than more height as they continue to stretch up,
Maybe it's just a phenotype thing:shrug:
We'll see what happens with round two you've got going:d5:

Majority of grow was with just one light at what I assume is full power since I didn't change anything. I followed manufacturer recommendation for height but I was at the top of range assuming it would grow more into the range. After my FIM attempt I turned on second light at full power and the top leaves starting cupping. I turned off second light and it got better so I tried turning on second light again but dimmed way down. Cupping happened again though. Since starting LST though I have turned back on second light at what I think is "full power". I think the lights can do maybe the 150 watts your talking about but I've read they don't ship them that way to extend life of LEDs.

Here she is now. I'm going to give her maybe 2 more days and possibly make some more adjustments. I have the second light lower then the first light. The first light is over her and the second light is over another seedling (gorilla glue). Im making sure light over GG is lower so I don't run into same issue and I made sure to orient the TS so the lower part of canopy is closest to the lower light.

I also lowered my fan to be below lights now. She still looks healthy and I've only been giving her tap water that has sat out for 24 hours.
IMG_20200410_002728.jpg
IMG_20200410_002713.jpg

Day 26:

Still giving her a break from LST. More cola sites developing and looks like some white hairs starting to form at one spot. Does that mean she might start flowering soon?

IMG_20200411_184401.jpg
IMG_20200411_184354.jpg
IMG_20200411_184115.jpg

Back