New Grower First Grow: Autoseeds Hijack, Candy Kush, Sucker Punch, Autopounder

Day 8:
They're all still alive, however I need to figure out something to get the buggers off them. Open to any suggestions! Planning on keeping them for about another week until they go into the ground. Starting to look into nutes but still need to read up a little more. I'm sure its less complicated than it seems but still a little scary.

Autopounder is currently my largest seedling and hasn't suffered much from bugs.
IMG_0247.JPG

Sucker Punch, one doing really well and the other seems to have stopped growing completely but I haven't given up on her yet.
IMG_0249.JPG

The three Candy Kush are living up to their name for the bugs, seems to have suffered the worst but they're trying to pull through.
IMG_0251.JPG

Finally, the Hijack all a little different than each other.
IMG_0253.JPG

Anyone got any home remedies or mixtures to keep the insects out?

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 88
Going to grab some Neem oil today, praying that helps!

Diatomaceous Earth, must be food grade. Microfossils that create a fine white powder will slice open the exoskeletons of soft-bodied insects causing them to dessicate. People use it for many reasons, helps to clean out intestinal lining of livestock by adding to food. Not harmful to humans, but lighter-than-air so still a respiratory irritant. A layer of that on the soil surface.
2nd option, play sand. Calcium carbonate, find at hardware store. A layer on surface of soil will stop any eggs from being laid, or insects from hatching and making it to surface.

This looks like the start of something magnificent , I'm subbed up :cheers: cheers and good luck on your growing adventures hope they yeild plentiful for ya .. those candy kush seeds seem fire I outta order some for myself .:pass:

Thanks @Micron Creek, took me a while to find Diatomaceous Earth but I ordered some online and it got here a few days ago! Excited to try it out.
And thank you @iWumbo, these little seedlings have been through so much but are still thriving. They've put up with me being a beginning grower and even the three storms we've just had that blew some roofs off... but they still look healthy!

Heres a day 15 update:
Autopounder, looking great and even has a little bit of smell if I press my nose up really close. I'm pretty happy with this freebie :biggrin:
IMG_0261.JPG

Sucker punch, one going really well and then theres the runt... Hasn't completely stopped growing but still not doing really well. Going to keep this one in the solo cup and see if it picks up. Not sure what stunted it.
IMG_0263.JPG

Candy Kush, all looking very uniform and going great.
IMG_0265.JPG

Finally Hijack,
IMG_0268.JPG

They're all ready for their transplant into their new containers, except the runt Sucker Punch seedling. I have 3.6 gallon pots ready for them filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. I've decided to stick with containers for this guerrilla grow because I was a little late with the site preparation and have enough cover for them in the brush. I also want to be able to move them around if humidity becomes a problem when they're flowering. They'll be in their secret locations by the end of the week, but in their big pots tomorrow. Heres a picture of the pots I got at Home Depot today for around 5 dollars each. They have some drainage on the bottom. Also going to use chicken wire wrapped around the top of the plants because the deer are going to be my biggest challenge.
IMG_0269.JPG

All in all, the plants have been so much more resistant to weather than I had thought they'd be. Really impressed with the way they take a couple hours to recover and get back to business.
Now... does anyone have suggestions on nutes? Since I am going with container growing I deff need to get some, but didn't do that much reading before hand. Ill be able to visit the plants a little more than once a week but would like to keep the visits less than that if possible.

Happy Growing :greenthumb:

Thanks @Micron Creek, took me a while to find Diatomaceous Earth but I ordered some online and it got here a few days ago! Excited to try it out.
And thank you @iWumbo, these little seedlings have been through so much but are still thriving. They've put up with me being a beginning grower and even the three storms we've just had that blew some roofs off... but they still look healthy!

Heres a day 15 update:
Autopounder, looking great and even has a little bit of smell if I press my nose up really close. I'm pretty happy with this freebie :biggrin:
View attachment 781600

Sucker punch, one going really well and then theres the runt... Hasn't completely stopped growing but still not doing really well. Going to keep this one in the solo cup and see if it picks up. Not sure what stunted it.
View attachment 781603

Candy Kush, all looking very uniform and going great.
View attachment 781604

Finally Hijack,
View attachment 781605

They're all ready for their transplant into their new containers, except the runt Sucker Punch seedling. I have 3.6 gallon pots ready for them filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. I've decided to stick with containers for this guerrilla grow because I was a little late with the site preparation and have enough cover for them in the brush. I also want to be able to move them around if humidity becomes a problem when they're flowering. They'll be in their secret locations by the end of the week, but in their big pots tomorrow. Heres a picture of the pots I got at Home Depot today for around 5 dollars each. They have some drainage on the bottom. Also going to use chicken wire wrapped around the top of the plants because the deer are going to be my biggest challenge.
View attachment 781606

All in all, the plants have been so much more resistant to weather than I had thought they'd be. Really impressed with the way they take a couple hours to recover and get back to business.
Now... does anyone have suggestions on nutes? Since I am going with container growing I deff need to get some, but didn't do that much reading before hand. Ill be able to visit the plants a little more than once a week but would like to keep the visits less than that if possible.

Happy Growing :greenthumb:
I use Botanicare KIND 3 part. However, Remo Nutrients are nearly the same in price for their 3 part. The whole line of Remo goes for 180 on amazon, currently using just my KIND with Botanicare Silica Blast. Seen great results with Remo here on AFN, if I had the coin, I'd give them a try

Here are the little contraptions I made to hopefully help with deer. They stand about knee high and the brush I am going to put them in tonight is about to my waist, so there will be plenty cover for the chicken wire. I added human hair to them as well. Sad to let the first girls out of my supervision but the time has come. Transplant seemed to go smoothly, but we'll see. I've grown up doing it with flowers and veggies so I hope the practice helped allow for a delightful transition into their new homes. The others will get their new homes soon.

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

Day 23 update:

The cages and hair have worked extremely well against the deer. No munch marks (besides bugs) on the three plants I have in their guerrilla grow location :thumbsup: The rest are transplanted into their 3.7 gallon pots and fox farm soil. I'm just still giving them a little extra time since the smell isn't noticeable and I'm still waiting to see how the others are doing/if I can prepare the next 8 better before they head out into the harsh world. I'm a little concerned with stretch, within a week they have gone from the height of a crayon to a little taller than a pencil. Not sure if this is just the usually growth spurt from the larger pots or if they need to be in a sunnier locations. Before hand they were getting full sunlight throughout the entire day, not they are on a very thin tree line.

Heres how the three that are out in their guerrilla locations are looking.

Forgot to check to see if this was Autopounder or Sucker Punch (my guess would be auto pounder as its the biggest), but it is looking really good leaf wise. No bugs. :woohoo:
IMG_0281.JPG

Here is most likely Sucker punch, not looking as good as auto pounder, but still healthy, a few holes in the bottom leafs from bug recovery. A couple different angles so you can see the stem stretch and discoloration in the bottom leafs.

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

Finally, the eaten Hijack. If I was going to loose any of the three that are currently out, I'd have to say it would be this one, but I have 4 more of them growing and doing fine which is a relief. Pretty eaten up but still growing. Whipped up some natural insect repellent using jalapeño peppers and water to try on it.
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

Can anyone set my mind at ease for the stretching? Or do I need to find a sunnier location? The one I have right now is really secure so I'm hoping they can stay where they are.

As for nutrients, @Micron Creek I looked into both of those brands but I'm not ready to make that big of a $$ commitment yet :sadcry: so I just picked up some fox farm big bloom to feed them this week. Going to start off with 1 tsp per gallon and see how it goes. I'll update again at week 4!

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 56
Heres 2 Candy Kushs and a Hijack that just went out tonight. One of them has started showing little white hairs. I hope these look ok for week 3 plants. :shrug:
All my plants were fed fox farms grow big today.
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG

Day 27 update:

Heres 3 of the girls that got the prime backyard location, but didn't make it out of their small growing pots until today. I only had limited space for viewing shelter against nosey people while still getting full sunlight so I hope that the fact they are in the ground makes up a little bit for why they are so close together. They're very safe here and surrounded by some very nicely growing marigolds. I know they have some nitrogen deficiency and they have been fed accordingly. Worried I might have stunted them a little much... Tbh I'll be happy if I get over 15 grams for each of my plants.

Group shot (the stuff that looks like white powder on the plants is just reflections from water):
IMG_0306.JPG

Hijack:
IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

Candy Kush:
IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

Another Hijack:
IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

I'll update the potted girls tomorrow when I go for watering!

Back