Lighting First DIY LED panel, comming more soon

Reaction score
Hi guys how's it going, i hope you're all good. I'm new in the forum and in the indoor growing cannabis world. I've recently started my very first project and i'm using a DIY led setup. I hope you can check my set up and give me your opinions so i can keep learning, improving or making some changes if neccesary. Well, here we go:

Materials:
72 LED SMD 5730 cold white (6500K)
72 LED SMD 5730 natural white (4000K)
4 Driver LED (8-18) watts, 300 ma, constant current
8 50 cm Aluminium rows
2 45 cm 90° Aluminium bars
Copper wire

A you can see,the pannel consist on a total of 144 SMD led stripes SMD 5730 mounted on 8 paralel alumninium rows, covering a surface of 45x50 cm. Half of them (72) are cold white lights (6500K) and the other half is natural white (4000K), interspected with each. Each row contain 6 sets of 3 leds.

The theoretical power output it's 72 Watts (144x0.5), but the real measured power is 64 watts.

DSCN2261.jpg

IMG_20180119_202109.jpg

IMG_20180119_202203.jpg

IMG_20180119_202409.jpg

IMG_20180119_202918.jpg

IMG_20180119_202736.jpg

This led board is being used in a vegetative growing chamber of 60x90x60 cm, over 12 automatic on 7 liters planters.
DSCN2286.jpg

There's a diference of 45 cm between the fixture and the upper rim of the planters, and the light cycle is setup for a 18/6.

You can check the grow journal on the next link:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/first-timer-12-critical-bud-double-chamber-led-system.63610/

3 days after placing the plants i've notice that the plants placed on the left and right border are starting bending toward the center of the panel, i'm not exactly if i should be worried about the potency or if i should do anything else. Please give me your opinions.

IMG_20180120_195903_1.jpg

On my next post i'll be sowing you my led panel for the flowering chamber, 1x2x1 mt, we still working on it. My best regard to you guys, thanks for reading.

Incandenza

Nice to see someone else using strip, but I would have been more tempted to cover the bars in strip entirely instead of just these small "blocks" of LED's. And have it closer.

But that's me and I don't know much, someone else will definitely know more about the colours, etc. At least you didn't feck up with blurple strip like I did on my first panel...

Nice to see someone else using strip, but I would have been more tempted to cover the bars in strip entirely instead of just these small "blocks" of LED's. And have it closer.

But that's me and I don't know much, someone else will definitely know more about the colours, etc. At least you didn't feck up with blurple strip like I did on my first panel...

Thanks, i'll put the board closer for now and see what happen, i'm just a little worried about the plant's inclination. I didn't notice before, but you can actually see in the picture that the axis of the stem and the light ray are running parallels. So i don't know if this is happening because the intensity of the light is too low or if is just because they naturally points to the light source. In any case if i put the board closer the quantity of light received may increase, but also the inclination in relation to the point where the light is stronger. If the light is just too weak i can make some quick modifications.

Cheers bro

My guess is the ones at the outer edges are stretching towards the light, the other ones in the middle get a better amount of light so aren't.

My guess is the ones at the outer edges are stretching towards the light, the other ones in the middle get a better amount of light so aren't.

I tought the same, but what i don't know is if i put the panel closer, the inclination is going to increase because of the position of the stronger light's point of origin, or if the bigger intensity of light will compensate this. ¿What do you think?

Cheers

I reckon they would, they're going in now so it'll probably get worse if the light's more concentrated on the middle.

Methinks a better spread of light would be better because I don't think you'll rotate the pots easily, which would straighten them but won't stop the stretching.

Back