Outdoor Fertilizing outdoors?

The synthetic slow release fertilizers often contain elevated levels of toxic metals, unless the fertilizer is made and labeled specifically for vegetables and fruits. Read your labels carefully if you're going to use these kinds of products.

Hmmmm... No disrespect man, but I don't think I've ever seen toxic metals in any fertilizer MSDS I've ever read -organic or inorganic.

Most everything is manufactured for veggies and fruits... What you buy at home depot is the same stuff they spray on fields in Iowa. Just repackaged for the "home user"

That said... Inorganic ferts are non-renewable. They mine the stuff, and the phosphorus mining is really bad for the environment.

Peace

Well, if you can't get guano locally you can always order some online. Here's what I have right now and i get great results.
Guano is a great feed because it's instantly available and organic as poo can get. I've never had any problems with animals rooting around in it either.
http://www.hydroponics.net/i/134573
There's nothing sketchy about ordering guano off the internet. Gardeners the world round use it for everything.

Thanks guys for your replies. I think i will go with the "mother earth" tea and the wormcastings. And then maybe some supplements like A.N Big Bud, and Bud Candy. Not with the pellets.

Then i had a question about how to grow. Shouldi grow them togeter in a whole bunch, or individually? I just saw Browndirt warrior series, and in the first episode i saw thet he dug a hole in the ground, and then he put a ordinary black garbagebag in the hole with his soilmix in. Do anybody grow like this, or do you grow them in a big hole like some guys on youtube?

Advanced nutrients Heavy Harvest is the only professional time-release three-season fertilizer designed for your high value outdoor crops. You get season-specific nutrients appropriate for spring summer and fall. Each one will maximize crop growth for the entire season even though you only fertilize once per season. Growers are seeing tree-like plants from Heavy Harvest and you will too!

That's an interesting idea with the bags. Just make sure to put a few holes in the bottom so any excess water can drain out. Given the size of an black plastic garbage bag, you could probably grow 2-3 autos in one. Maybe put one bag here, another there, so they are spread out. That way if one gets found you won't lose everything.

Thanks guys for your replies. I think i will go with the "mother earth" tea and the wormcastings. And then maybe some supplements like A.N Big Bud, and Bud Candy. Not with the pellets.

Then i had a question about how to grow. Shouldi grow them togeter in a whole bunch, or individually? I just saw Browndirt warrior series, and in the first episode i saw thet he dug a hole in the ground, and then he put a ordinary black garbagebag in the hole with his soilmix in. Do anybody grow like this, or do you grow them in a big hole like some guys on youtube?

Advanced nutrients Heavy Harvest is the only professional time-release three-season fertilizer designed for your high value outdoor crops. You get season-specific nutrients appropriate for spring summer and fall. Each one will maximize crop growth for the entire season even though you only fertilize once per season. Growers are seeing tree-like plants from Heavy Harvest and you will too!

I have seen that one, and they seems really great. :) I don´t have the possibility to grow in them yet becouse i live in an apartment building right now. But as soon as i get a house, i will try those out. And hopefully get a heavy harvest too. :)

That's an interesting idea with the bags. Just make sure to put a few holes in the bottom so any excess water can drain out. Given the size of an black plastic garbage bag, you could probably grow 2-3 autos in one. Maybe put one bag here, another there, so they are spread out. That way if one gets found you won't lose everything.

Yeay, it seems like a good idea. I saw it in the Browndirt warrior doc series on youtube. He dug a hole, about to fit 2-3 gallons, and he planted the bags in there. I am going to go with that, i think. But i will not use the whole bag. Just half, and plant one in each. Dig a hole 3 gallons deep approx. But if i did it would probably fit 2-3 plants. I don´t know the size of those, but they are big. Now when i come to think of it, it would be kind of good to maybe grow 2 plants in one bag. I will have to think of that.

In that way i can probably give them chem nutes too. i will have poke holes. How much runoff will it be do you think? And how dangerous is it for nature?

/H.

Not much, certainly not enough that you need to be concerned about it.

In that way i can probably give them chem nutes too. i will have poke holes. How much runoff will it be do you think? And how dangerous is it for nature?

/H.

The holes browndirt was digging were way WAY bigger than two to three gallons. You'll see in episode two he sets a five gallon bucket of AN nutes in one of the holes and it just drops in sideways with tons of room leftover. Those holes are easily twenty+ gallons. Not trying to be picky, just giving you a heads up about root space.

The holes browndirt was digging were way WAY bigger than two to three gallons. You'll see in episode two he sets a five gallon bucket of AN nutes in one of the holes and it just drops in sideways with tons of room leftover. Those holes are easily twenty+ gallons. Not trying to be picky, just giving you a heads up about root space.

Yes, i know. I didn´t plan to dig such a deep and big hole like he dug. But now that you have raised my attention to this question. How deep does the hole have to be for a super auto? And how many gallons differs from a super auto vs. a regular auto, u think?

I have no experience with supers, but if I were planting one I'd just plant it like it was a regular ole photo plant.

Back