Outdoor Fertilizing outdoors?

Reaction score
Website
www.swecan.se
Hi guys. I just had a thought. I have read in many outdoor growing guides that you should use slow working nutepellets. I don´t have the word for it, but there are nutes that you mix into the soil before you plant, and then they desolve during some time. A couple of weeks maybe.

And i have been looking at Advanced Nutrients systems, and their pH perfect products. I am wondering what is the best thing to use. "The System", or nutepellets?

"The system" are proven that it works very good. But will the it work as good in a Swedish outdoor grow, as a controlled indoor enviroment?

I should maybe make a compare. I will have two different places to grow. Maybe it could be interesting. :)

One other thing i am wondering about is that why my pellets i recently bought have a pH that are 8,5? Maybe becouse they are more used for bushes, and trees and other more common plants.
Can it be good if i grow in acidic soil? Will the balance the pH?

/H.

I'm a big fan of working in guano, kelp, and lime. Simple mix, doesn't hurt the environment or you, never been dug up by an animal and gets decent results.

Your soil ph should be at least between 6 and 7 just slightly acid.I think thats a slow release fert your talking about. I peresonaly don't think ther the best. Go with a water soluable fert and follow instructions.Make sure you ph your water after you add the nutes.

Ok, that´s what i thought. I didn´t know if it would balace out. I won´t go with the pellets.

I can´t get a hold of any guano, but i get get my hands on worm castings. Will that do?

And i saw that Advanced Nutes had a organic tea called "Mother Earth". Becouse when you said the thing about the enviroment, that really opened my eyes. I don´t want to use any nutes outdoors that can be bad for mother earth. :)

So your advice to me is to not go with the pellets, or "the system"?

Have a good day, everybody. :)

I wouldn't use the pellets.Advanced nutes are very good but organic teas are so low npk that i dont think they do much good,especially if you get a lot of rain most of them will be leeched out of the soil.

I don´t want to polute nature, but i still want to have a good smoke, and a decent yield. So the system may be a good idea.

I am thinking of buying the Sensigrow and Sensibloom or the Grow-Micro-Bloom or some other system in a couple of weeks.

I saw this clip on Big Mikes blog. I don´t know where i can find the follow up clips, but this seems very interesting.
http://www.growersunderground.com/b...m-metering-or-adjusting-it’s-all-done-for-you

Yes, stay away from the pellets. Most of those take about 3 months to be completely used up. Since autos need more N during veg and more P and K during flowering, a pelleted nute of say 10-5-5 would still be supplying too much N well into flowering. Worm castings are great to use. Mix them at about 25% of your soil mix. They will provide nutrients to the soil during times of rain when you won't be able to feed them.

The AN pH Perfect products won't really work on an outdoor grow. They are meant for indoor grows where conditions can be tightly controlled. Rely on the castings to feed your plants and supplement with some liquid nutes as the weather permits.

man its so easy stay with organics if u want then use for example guano powder,wormcastings, horse pop a.s.o of course u can give each plant 30l worm casting....this will do it for a long time, if the soil there is good it does for the whole grow....dont use liquid fertilizers...not usefull and bad for enviroment....

There are some good organic liquid nutes available. I've used the GO Biothrive line with good results. 100% vegan.

man its so easy stay with organics if u want then use for example guano powder,wormcastings, horse pop a.s.o of course u can give each plant 30l worm casting....this will do it for a long time, if the soil there is good it does for the whole grow....dont use liquid fertilizers...not usefull and bad for enviroment....

The synthetic slow release fertilizers often contain elevated levels of toxic metals, unless the fertilizer is made and labeled specifically for vegetables and fruits. Read your labels carefully if you're going to use these kinds of products.

Back