Grow Mediums Fast Buds and Sweet Seeds

Yes the time does go by and they ladies continue to do what they have done for eons. I tried some leaves from the six shooter today. It was a nice kick in the head :baked:

@Olde School Player if you could sometime find it that will be fine.

WOW, Nos, where's time gone with this grow??? Seems like yesterday this thread just started and now look at the ladies!!! Beautiful!!!

Hey, somewhere earlier today I recall you asking about a salve recipe but I forgot where I saw it before I could chime in. I have a really pleasing coconut oil recipe that has served me well for several years, and it's pretty simple to put together as well. If you need it tag me in a reply or quote this & I'll dig it out for you. I've typically used only the fan leaves & added some essential oils in the final steps. Shout if you need it.

I am going to post this here and over in my DIY Rosin Press Thread.

When I harvested yesterday I threw all of the wispy popcorn buds loosely in mason jars - 8 of them - and put them in the freezer. This stuff is usually pretty much worthless. This morning I did a QWET Just pouring the frozen alcohol from jar to jar after 5 minutes each Shake a bit every minute. Then I distilled it off in the clone Green Machine. I promptly blended .5g with 5 drops of flavorless terpenes. Put it in a tank and vaped it. WOW WOW WOW I got so stoned on 3 small hits that I had to wait most of the afternoon to be able to write about it. I does not have much flavor but those wispy little buds really did not have much going for them. The white flakes on the oil is from freezing the spatula and flaking off the remaining oil. I got just under 5g or enough to make 8 - 1ml vape cartridges.
oil3.jpg
oil1.jpg
oil2.jpg

May 19, 2018

69 days old
Fast Buds - LSD-25 (harvested 5-11-2018 - 38 gr. 1.34 oz)
Fast Buds - Green Crack, Fast Buds - Six Shooter

Bless me AFN. It has been a week since my last .......... Hold on Just had another pipe of that LSD-25 and I am smiling.

OK, OK. Not much happening here. The Ladies are growing but it is like watching weed grow OH SO SLOW. So when you take a look at them you can not see much difference. Then you take pics and holly COW. It is like your seeing them in a whole new light for the first time.

The LSD-25 has been harvested as I have mentioned. The trimming took me well over 5 minutes :crying:
and I will not mention the Jack-47 again. :nono:

So here is the group shot. There is real good bud swelling going on and that is what expected at this time in their lives.
Green Crack on the left. Six Shooter by her side.
View attachment 908489

Six Shooter is about 5-9 days before harvest. As you can see she is tiny compared to GC. I am writing this up to the fact that she started life with a twin sister. But I removed the tiny twin and I racking up the smaller size and very disorganized growth to this fact.
Here is a trichome pic.
View attachment 908494

She has very strange looking buds. Clumpy is what I would say and they are larger than others I have grown. All I have done to her is to have bent over her main cola. Yesterday I removed most of her larger leaves. The leaves and stem were packed with resin and I have the in the freezer now. :biggrin:
View attachment 908491
View attachment 908492 View attachment 908493

This is Green Crack. She will be ready to harvest by the end of the month. She too is packing on the resins and swelling buds. The new grow looks a bit like fox tailing but it is just, I believe, the way she is growing. All buds are very tight and solid. The pistils are still coming out with new white pairs.
See what you think ...
View attachment 908498 View attachment 908502 View attachment 908499 View attachment 908500 View attachment 908501

Thanks for dropping by.

Woohoo, the GC is living up to her reputation and she looks delicious!!! I've got a bnit more catching up to do but your grow looks super successful!! I have some LSD's in my cart but have not pulled the trigger yet. Great growing @Nosias

Woohoo, the GC is living up to her reputation and she looks delicious!!! I've got a bnit more catching up to do but your grow looks super successful!! I have some LSD's in my cart but have not pulled the trigger yet. Great growing @Nosias
Yes the grow is going well. :)
I removed the main cola from Six Shooter yesterday. It was 15 - 20% amber. This then will allow more light to hit the center of the plant. She may come down in a week, give or take.

I have one more LSD-25 in my seed bag. You will kill it when you grow your LSD-25. Mine was very tiny but oh so mighty. So let me know when you drop her.

I am going to post this here and over in my DIY Rosin Press Thread.

When I harvested yesterday I threw all of the wispy popcorn buds loosely in mason jars - 8 of them - and put them in the freezer. This stuff is usually pretty much worthless. This morning I did a QWET Just pouring the frozen alcohol from jar to jar after 5 minutes each Shake a bit every minute. Then I distilled it off in the clone Green Machine. I promptly blended .5g with 5 drops of flavorless terpenes. Put it in a tank and vaped it. WOW WOW WOW I got so stoned on 3 small hits that I had to wait most of the afternoon to be able to write about it. I does not have much flavor but those wispy little buds really did not have much going for them. The white flakes on the oil is from freezing the spatula and flaking off the remaining oil. I got just under 5g or enough to make 8 - 1ml vape cartridges.
View attachment 908975 View attachment 908971 View attachment 908972

How does that oil compare to Rosin? It sure looks like Rosin. I'm surprised its not darker green from chlorophyll that the alcohol would have brought out. 5 mins of alcholog soak would give you lots of green color.

I was going to make bubble hash from my popcorn trim and squish the hash to rosin. I'll see how that goes. But it would be good to have another option as a backup.

How does that oil compare to Rosin? It sure looks like Rosin. I'm surprised its not darker green from chlorophyll that the alcohol would have brought out. 5 mins of alcholog soak would give you lots of green color.

I was going to make bubble hash from my popcorn trim and squish the hash to rosin. I'll see how that goes. But it would be good to have another option as a backup.
@lunarman The alcohol (200 proof) and buds were -9°F, I used gloves and kept everything as cold as possible working in the chest freezer. As long as the water stays frozen it does not extract chlorophyll or other water soluble waxes. Remember these were fresh undried popcorn buds full of water. The rinse was barely green at all. It has almost no wax in fact it may have none. It does not have any flavor where rosin is very flavorful. It mixes beautifully with terpenes as you can see in the photo and vapes as well as store bought cartridges. It is real FIRE. I have had little to no success diluting rosin to vape. I did not add any flavor terpenes to this sample run but have quite a few in stock that I will be testing soon.

The recycled alcohol should be > 190 proof. I have an alcohol meter coming so I can test it.

I pressed some dry Ice Hash and lost too much to the bag and still inside the bag. I tried pressing it really hard with a lot of pressure and just broke the bag with too much remaining behind. I think moon rocks would be a better use of the hash.

@lunarman The alcohol (200 proof) and buds were -9°F, I used gloves and kept everything as cold as possible working in the chest freezer. As long as the water stays frozen it does not extract chlorophyll or other water soluble waxes. Remember these were fresh undried popcorn buds full of water. The rinse was barely green at all. It has almost no wax in fact it may have none. It does not have any flavor where rosin is very flavorful. It mixes beautifully with terpenes as you can see in the photo and vapes as well as store bought cartridges. It is real FIRE. I have had little to no success diluting rosin to vape. I did not add any flavor terpenes to this sample run but have quite a few in stock that I will be testing soon.

The recycled alcohol should be > 190 proof. I have an alcohol meter coming so I can test it.

I pressed some dry Ice Hash and lost too much to the bag and still inside the bag. I tried pressing it really hard with a lot of pressure and just broke the bag with too much remaining behind. I think moon rocks would be a better use of the hash.

Interesting Mañ'O'Green

I like the idea of recovering the Everclear. That rot gut is not cheap. I'll keep my eyes out for the distiller clone device you used.

You say you have had no luck diluting rosin to vape. You must mean for making an ejuice cartridge vape from rosin. I gave up for now. I'm using a Yocum evolve plus wax pen to vape rosin and it works great. But you have to keep loading it up. I guess you're looking for an ejuice way.

My prepress, plates, controller and cart heaters were shipped and I'll be getting them in Atlanta this weekend when I'm there for the U2 concert. Will bring them back to Canada in my luggage. And then I'll be squishing lots of Sour Livers! I can't wait. Also will be making your rosin chocolate.

Interesting Mañ'O'Green

I like the idea of recovering the Everclear. That rot gut is not cheap. I'll keep my eyes out for the distiller clone device you used.

You say you have had no luck diluting rosin to vape. You must mean for making an ejuice cartridge vape from rosin. I gave up for now. I'm using a Yocum evolve plus wax pen to vape rosin and it works great. But you have to keep loading it up. I guess you're looking for an ejuice way.

My prepress, plates, controller and cart heaters were shipped and I'll be getting them in Atlanta this weekend when I'm there for the U2 concert. Will bring them back to Canada in my luggage. And then I'll be squishing lots of Sour Livers! I can't wait. Also will be making your rosin chocolate.
Yeah, my friends want discreet portability and loading an Ooze Gusher is not that.

Ps. Lets take this conversation to my DIY Rosin Press thread and stop polluting this thread, thanks.

Back