Eval please: Old Man Kostas' first grow loadout

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

First off, thanks for the warm welcome and the positive environment here. I've really enjoyed reading and learning from all the pros on this board. I am about a week away from attempting my first grow as a total newcomer to the world of cannabis. I'm just looking for a quick eval of my setup and anything you guys think I should change or adjust before I begin. Also tell me if I am missing something critical or otherwise just plain old darn best practice to use. My grows are not for me so feedback is going to be several months out but I hope to at least do an adequate job.

I am going to grow a single plant at a time and take it slow from there. So no Sog/Scrog or other advanced techniques yet. Plus, it's only one plant. I may attempt a top/LST.

The setup: Soil grow in a tent.

Hardware:
Mars Hydro 28"x28"x63" tent
Migro Aray 2 grow light Full spec +red
3 gallon smart pot
Biobizz light mix soil
AC infinity 4" exhaust fan
Oria wireless temp/hygrometer monitor. 3 sensors: so one in tent, one outside, and one further out in the room.
Milwaukee instruments PH600aq "pH pen"

Seeds:
Dutch Passion Blue Mazar Auto
(not exactly what "I" wanted but what I felt comfortable ordering and starting with)

Nutes: I was going to follow the Autobeast guide but I could not get a few things here. This is definitely where I need critique.

I know AB recommends starting with DutchPro multi total and take root. I cannot get DP products. I had wanted to sub BioBizz Root juice but the local hydro store is out. I was able to get General Organics BioRoot. Is this a decent starter product? If not, I can get Roots Excelurator Gold off Amazon pretty quickly. I am open to suggestions here. The local shop has the full AN and BioBizz lines. (usually, except root juice when I went there apparently)

After that I have:

Sensi Grow A & B
Sensi Bloom A & B
Sensi calmag extra

I am going to germinate in jiffy pellets, plastic germination tray and dome thingy, and then cut the mesh off and straight to the soil. I have a small parabolic reflector style work lamp with a CCFL "grow" bulb in it to help with heat/early growth before transplant. (im trying to follow the ronin method)

Thanks for reading and please critique where you can. I look forward to hearing from you all! Obviously I am not going to fully switch up to a DWC setup but, if I am making a mistake somewhere I still have time to correct.

Thanks,

Kostas

Hey everyone!

First off, thanks for the warm welcome and the positive environment here. I've really enjoyed reading and learning from all the pros on this board. I am about a week away from attempting my first grow as a total newcomer to the world of cannabis. I'm just looking for a quick eval of my setup and anything you guys think I should change or adjust before I begin. Also tell me if I am missing something critical or otherwise just plain old darn best practice to use. My grows are not for me so feedback is going to be several months out but I hope to at least do an adequate job.

I am going to grow a single plant at a time and take it slow from there. So no Sog/Scrog or other advanced techniques yet. Plus, it's only one plant. I may attempt a top/LST.

The setup: Soil grow in a tent.

Hardware:
Mars Hydro 28"x28"x63" tent
Migro Aray 2 grow light Full spec +red
3 gallon smart pot
Biobizz light mix soil
AC infinity 4" exhaust fan
Oria wireless temp/hygrometer monitor. 3 sensors: so one in tent, one outside, and one further out in the room.
Milwaukee instruments PH600aq "pH pen"

Seeds:
Dutch Passion Blue Mazar Auto
(not exactly what "I" wanted but what I felt comfortable ordering and starting with)

Nutes: I was going to follow the Autobeast guide but I could not get a few things here. This is definitely where I need critique.

I know AB recommends starting with DutchPro multi total and take root. I cannot get DP products. I had wanted to sub BioBizz Root juice but the local hydro store is out. I was able to get General Organics BioRoot. Is this a decent starter product? If not, I can get Roots Excelurator Gold off Amazon pretty quickly. I am open to suggestions here. The local shop has the full AN and BioBizz lines. (usually, except root juice when I went there apparently)

After that I have:

Sensi Grow A & B
Sensi Bloom A & B
Sensi calmag extra

I am going to germinate in jiffy pellets, plastic germination tray and dome thingy, and then cut the mesh off and straight to the soil. I have a small parabolic reflector style work lamp with a CCFL "grow" bulb in it to help with heat/early growth before transplant. (im trying to follow the ronin method)

Thanks for reading and please critique where you can. I look forward to hearing from you all! Obviously I am not going to fully switch up to a DWC setup but, if I am making a mistake somewhere I still have time to correct.

Thanks,

Kostas
sounds like you have it covered the auto blue mazar is a great plant the first auto i grew they can get big so a good choice for a one plant grow goodluck and any questions feel free to ask

If your growing in soil I would just plant the seed in the soil. Easier in my opinion. If you really wanna germinate before planting go for it. But I just poke a hole in the soil up to my first knuckle. Drop a seed in hole. Cover lightly with dirt. Then water. I like growing by the kiss method. Keep it simple stoner. And planting seeds in the soil is all natural way. I'd only use the jiffy plugs if I was growing in hydro or coco but that's just me. Best of luck. Great set up! Happy growin!

Welcome and Happy growing, you have come to the right place,people are very helpful here.
I'm on my first grow myself, only 2 and a half weeks old :biggrin:
Maybe stick another plant in there since you have the space for it.

"We want pics! We want pics! "
Screen-Shot-2017-06-17-at-12.39.13-AM.png

Lol, you guys want a pic of all my junk laying in an empty tent? hahaha

Back