Drying my flower

Reaction score
I am 4 days into drying and the tent went from a good dank terp smell to hay smell. Is this normal? Will the terpie smell come back when I put them in a jar for curing? Stats for drying tent: rh 60% temps range from 60f to 67 f. Fan blowing on the ground not up towards the flower and my 6" marshydro inline fan on setting 1 for exhaust.
Thanks

Yes - that's normal. It's the chlorophyll breaking down.

You could sweat now in paper bags asap

Put two paper bags together like this
bag1.jpg

they can be bigger if you have more bud use grocery bags you can cut them down if you need. This slows down dry makes it more even. Flip every 24hours, once you flip the bag and the bottom is the top open the top and let breathe for 15 20 minutes seal back up. Do this for a week or two and you will have great bud. You can cure in jars after sweat to improve quality more. You want to sweat when stems almost snap and bud is only crisp on outside to a newb you might think it's smokeable at this point. You want the bag filled so you may have to cut down to size. You can get paper bags at grocery store bulk section they have all different sizes

Last edited:
Also take all the stems off and fan leaves like how it would go in jars but you don't cut sugar leaves off just the fans that have no resin. U trim before glass jars

Back