Droopy Clawed leaves

Think of pH like earthquakes, they're on similar scales. A 6.0 and a 6.5 or a 5.5 are quite different animals.
This is a good point I don't take into consideration. I always feel if I'm in the "safe" range I'm good. But I'm guessing even some strains prefer a different PH to a certain extent eh?

I'm new, not many grows under my belt so living and learning, I thought the 5.4 out was ok. Anyone think I should flush again and try to balance things out from there?? She never did come back after the last flush a few weeks ago. How do I do a soil PH test? I just test water going in and then runoff. And I have a good PH tester, not a cheap $20 Amazon version.

I hope to save her cause she has more tops than my first Bruce Banner and the first one had a great yield. So this one would likely be more than 130G. But not if I lose her first.
Won't get a better man in your corner than Arthur bro

Every seed is different.. Some are sensitive to lights, feeds, environment etc.. some can handle heavy feeds or different temps etc... You can't really compare two plants from seed. The plant is experiencing nutrient issues as well as root shock from the flush. To test the soil ph properly, you need a soil ph probe.. You mentioned the ppm of the run off after flush but not the ppms of the feeds. Feeding only once a week is an issue as well. It's tough to pinpoint one thing because several things are happening right now.. But I'd start by feeding more than once a week and mix my feeds based on ppms and not militers. AN is super concentrated and the 2ml of each that you're using could easily still be close to 1000ppms..

Reactions: EP3
I do a 1 to 1 slurry test. 1 part medium taken from halfway between plant and edge of bag. I usually go down a little bit, maybe an inch. About a shot glass full, not compacted. = amount of distilled or Ro water. Let set a couple minutes and test with your pH meter. Be gentle, the meter has a glass bulb!
I'll have to do this test on the weekend when I have more time. I really appreciate everyone's help so quickly today. With a bit of luck and you're help I might bring her back to life.

The thing that boggles my mind, and I'm sure you "get it" with experience, is I know what I put in, and can measure that. And I can measure runoff, and now slurry test. So how the frick do I balance it to where I want it to be? Get PPM down flush right? That's simple enough. But for PH if I need it up or down how do I figure out how much I need to adjust my water to hit my target? If what I'm putting in now is good, how far to I adjust it to get to the PH I want in my soil? Love this new hobby the past 7 months but boy oh boy there is a lot to learn.

This is a good point I don't take into consideration. I always feel if I'm in the "safe" range I'm good. But I'm guessing even some strains prefer a different PH to a certain extent eh?

Some strains want a truck full of feed, others can whine at 50% of the recommended amount. But ph... that's kinda like the different items you find at the buffet. I kinda "drift" through the recommended area, to kinda cover the items that come in on the high side or the low side. Am a soil grower, and start low (6.4) and work up to about 6.6 in flower.

Also, I have yet to mix up a feed and not see a pH shift after it's set for 10 minutes. What looks good while your stirring can not be at all what you thought 10 minutes later.

Might think about foliar feeding as well! Go around the root system, and get some food where its needed!

Also, I have yet to mix up a feed and not see a pH shift after it's set for 10 minutes. What looks good while your stirring can not be at all what you thought 10 minutes later.
ahhhhh.... should I mix feed then let it sit before I test it? I test immediately after mixing then pour it into the plants.

I think it would be worth a check. May be nothing at all, I can be heavy handed sometimes, so something I ran into.

ahhhhh.... should I mix feed then let it sit before I test it? I test immediately after mixing then pour it into the plants.
You should always let you feed mixes sit for 10-30 mins before checking ph. Ph will always drift. There is no ph up or down that is stable.. They all start to wear off or lose effectiveness around the 30 min mark.. Ph of water also naturally rises at it sits in the pot.. So if you use 6.5 going in.. It could be past 7 an hour later..

Soil ph and water/feed or run off ph are entirely different things. The ph of your water/feeds and run off have nothing to do with the ph of your soil. The ph of your soil (any quality bagged soil) is buffered to stay at or about 7. It's very hard to get a soil ph out of range. The ph of your water/feeds does not change the soil ph. If for some reason your soil ph is off, then you would need to mix in something like dolomite lime or sulfur.. But that's not for beginners.. Both products if used in excess can really screw things up. I've yet to see or hear about a soil that had a true ph issue. It's super rare with indoor gardening...

This is my second Bruce Banner auto I've grown, the first one was very temperamental but I got her to harvest which yielded 136G of good potent bud. This current plant has had droopy leaves that are clawed for a month now. New growth is happening, but new leaves don't stay green long they start to yellow.

Over two weeks ago I flushed her completely. PH was 5.4 PPM was 800. My water going in is about 6.5 and using Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom. I feed them half recommended once a week. After the flush I let her dry out completely. And then when I started feeding her again she refuses to perk up. I let her dry out again and watered and nothing I do will make her perk up. She should be flowering right now as well but that's not happening. She's in a ProMix peat mix. If I don't fix her soon I don't think she's gonna survive. I think I'm done with this strain, every other strain I grow I get good results, but these Bruce Banner plants are a pain in the arse.
You may have made the soil hydrophobic - repel water by letting it get too dry? Use a surfactant.

You are using hydroponic nutrients in peat? May never work properly.

You are mixing them wrong.
2021-03-18_14-16-21.jpg

You are supposed to use RO water with advanced nutrients with a starting PPM of 10 or less.

Run-off Is unreliable for testing only for showing trends and I simply do not bother with that. Get a good soil probe.

Ps. you killed your soil microbes with the peroxide - never use peroxide in soil! or hydro for that matter!

I don't know how to fix this.:paleo:

Back