Dried up fan leaves during flowering-Remove?

chlorine is one of the last things you want to worry about.. It's not something I've ever seen lead to issues.. It's levels are so low that even leaving water sitting out for 24hrs does very, very little to reduce the levels.. The whole chlorine thing got popular a few years back and people ran with it.. Is chlorine good? Yes and No, lol.. Why do people want to remove it? Because it can kill off fungus and microbes (good ones AND bad ones).. That's it's job.. That's what it does in pools and drinking water.. But in soil, doesn't kill them off faster than they can reproduce.. Or faster than you can add them back.. I didn't see a post that said you added a source of microbe life to the soil (recharge, compost tea, ewc, etc).. So having low levels of chlorine in your pot isnt harming much of anything.

Reactions: EP3
chlorine is one of the last things you want to worry about.. It's not something I've ever seen lead to issues.. It's levels are so low that even leaving water sitting out for 24hrs does very, very little to reduce the levels.. The whole chlorine thing got popular a few years back and people ran with it.. Is chlorine good? Yes and No, lol.. Why do people want to remove it? Because it can kill off fungus and microbes (good ones AND bad ones).. That's it's job.. That's what it does in pools and drinking water.. But in soil, doesn't kill them off faster than they can reproduce.. Or faster than you can add them back.. I didn't see a post that said you added a source of microbe life to the soil (recharge, compost tea, ewc, etc).. So having low levels of chlorine in your pot isnt harming much of anything.
No I didn't add anything like that this time but the next round I am using Recharge and Myco Jordan for the microbe life. When I add them to the watering should I use filtered water during those times? I have read that there are so many microbes that if you use tap water it might kill some your adding to the water but not enough to worry about?

chlorine is one of the last things you want to worry about.. It's not something I've ever seen lead to issues.. It's levels are so low that even leaving water sitting out for 24hrs does very, very little to reduce the levels..

In some areas in California you can easily smell the chlorine in the water and it burns your eyes a little if youre dumb enough to try and drink it during a drought. Pretty crazy...

No I didn't add anything like that this time but the next round I am using Recharge and Myco Jordan for the microbe life. When I add them to the watering should I use filtered water during those times? I have read that there are so many microbes that if you use tap water it might kill some your adding to the water but not enough to worry about?
I use water from a Brita. Does it help...? But I have it so I use it.

I use water from a Brita. Does it help...? But I have it so I use it.
Yes, any carbon filtration will help. I have carbon filters for my indoor garden and drinking water. My residual chlorine is 0.04 PPM and well under the legal limit but like @Tom Bombadil points out you can still smell and taste it - although it don't burn :rofl:.

Yes, any carbon filtration will help. I have carbon filters for my indoor garden and drinking water. My residual chlorine is 0.04 PPM and well under the legal limit but like @Tom Bombadil points out you can still smell and taste it - although it don't burn :rofl:.
It wouldn't be an issue at all to use the Brita filter for watering once a week when I use recharge and Myco Jordan but if I have to use it for every watering I am going to go through them pretty quickly. I do have one though, we use it for drinking water.

It wouldn't be an issue at all to use the Brita filter for watering once a week when I use recharge and Myco Jordan but if I have to use it for every watering I am going to go through them pretty quickly. I do have one though, we use it for drinking water.
Get something like this and plumb it to a garden hose or sink faucet.
2021-03-06_15-48-21.jpg

PS. you don't need to lose sleep over this chlorine. It really is not a big deal in soil!

Back