Dragon Seeds 2021 Grow&show

SWEET FANG
Been dragging my feet about doing an update as I was hoping things would be going better before now.

4/20 I soaked seeds for 24 hrs in water w/ a little aloe juice. After I places in unbleached coffee filter with a little liquid from the jar. Folded filter up and placed in a baggy with end open. 48 hrs later 1 had 3/4" root and other 1/2". I dug out a small hole for each and filled it with COM(Coast of Maine) seed starter. Poked a hole with magic marker and added a little VAM. Placed seed with root down--no more corkscrewing please.

04/30 Day 9 Well, no corkscrewing but both girls have their helmets on hard. Today I can see just a lit opening-if I could somehow grip it I could prolly get a razor blade in there and pry it open but of course there's no way that will happen. If they aren't showing signs of releasing themselves by Sun, I may try adjusting a small pair of vise grips to the shell size, tighten it a 1/4 turn and cracking them.

Since I've got some sativas dragging their feet to finish, I may only have my shorty space to grow these out so I made up a shorty 2 space SIP. I'm using Coast of Maine Bar Harbor blend soil top dressed with 1/2” Composte, Worm Castings, ¼ cup Craft Blend, 1/8 cup Kashi, 19 grms dolomite, ½ cup alfalfa, ½ cup barly, 1 tbl azokashi, ¼ cup frass. To start the box out, I top watered with 3/4 gal of

Yucca​
1 ml​
Vam​
¼ tsp​
fulllhumix​
15 ml​
coco water​
2 oz​
and using the rest to water with a hand spray. I put a trash bag over the center area of the box to keep the top dressing moist and have a nice layer of mycelium growing under the barley straw

All for now, D

View attachment 1312853View attachment 1312854View attachment 1312855
The short story is they didn't make it.. I'll give it another try

Thanks for sharing! Sometimes you f#(k #p, but I always say "gathering experience" to that. And I've been gathering some "experience" with my current Sweet Seeds grow. :pass:
So don't kick yourself in the head about that. Live and learn ;)

Weekend!!!!! :vibe:
20210507_105045_small.jpg

The short story is they didn't make it.. I'll give it another try
I don't know. They don't seem to agree with me. Put em in for a 24 hour soak Wed. Thursday put em in the coffee filter. Today- still nothing. Can't help but think they got cooked in the mailbox. Temps were in the 90's around the time they arrived.

I don't know. They don't seem to agree with me. Put em in for a 24 hour soak Wed. Thursday put em in the coffee filter. Today- still nothing. Can't help but think they got cooked in the mailbox. Temps were in the 90's around the time they arrived.
Gutted for you mate, did you soak them all?

Hola Dragons...these dragon fruit are really fast and strong....last post was on Wednesday I think?....and DF2 is ready to be topped tomorrow.....woohoo
IMG_20210509_122409016_HDR.jpg

....I will update with some pics tomoz...

Back