DP.AutoBananaBlaze-Coco-600HPS-Adv.Hyd.of.H-FirstGrow-PLZHELP!

1nf1n1ty

<Sure do two 22's in mah shoes!>
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
banana kush
{EDIT! :- I think I wrote an essay last night in my eagerness to get a thicc thread goin...

Gonna summarize the questions I really wanna know:

* Can I use soil from my garden mixed with bagged compost and water with hydro nutrients Is there a high risk of insects? can they live in coco?

* How much does a single 600w.hps raise temp. by? what temp. i need and rh i need in grow space?

* When should i put up the fan does it need carbon filter before flowering?

Thanks.
/EDIT}

Hi! First time grower long time fanboy! So as from the title its new dutch passion auto banana blaze looks great.. light feed

I would love to know about humidity and heat.. I germinated 2 seeds a few days ago, soaked in water for 24h then in some paper in a bag until popped and tiny tap root came out,
I've been reading a lot and i've seen people on youtube plant HUGE taproots but
I was getting impatient ha also read on here that people recommend planting when tap root pops out
so i've done that but i'm worried about humidity its pretty cold here in Scotland

its end of march and i'll be putting them in an attic in a 2mLx1mWx2mH space that's been been built by my mums now ex abusive boyfriend who grew hydroponically in there and im worried about humidity and temperature, I'll be using a 600w hps but I have a spare 400wHPS and fan so would it be worth using the 400w for the first few weeks or so? I've read here that it shouldn't make much difference to electricity costs but i'm ignorant to any other reason that someone would use 400 instead of 600. Also i'm hoping that the 600w should create a decent temperature range for the BB seedlings in the grow space..

It's 2/3/4 weeks into the COVID19 pandemic as I write and although i've ordered CALMAG(i heard coco doesnt have enough calcium n magnesium n the YT guy uses it religiously), 20L fabric pots, 50L Coco/Perl. Mix, PH meter (using the liquid drops atm) n lovely looking Cinderella Jack auto seeds (26%THC??) I'm worried that none of it will come in time to be of any use to the 2 seeds i've germed. Right now all I have is a bag of HydroCoco brand pre-washed (says on the bag Low EC - should I be worried?) compressed grow bag (add 3L of water and it makes a 10L plastic coco grow bag, I thought it was small but half an hour ago I was reading on this forum of people planting in 1/2/3L bottles so I presume the grow bag will be enough for now anyways..

So that's all the grow medium I have 10L of coco with no perlite mix, but (just took pics will add at end if poss.) as there was a previous grow in the house theres been handy things like the PH testing liquid, disposable nitrile gloves, little bits left in bottles of PH Up and Down, 100L water storage pot in attic but he took all the good stuff, all the previous grow stuff like the lights n fans n pumps n big hydro trays and he never shared any knowledge but it's an ideal place for growing and i'm excited about starting i've always wanted too now I have a good place and with the covid19 its a plus that the police will be busy ha

So as i've germinated 2 seeds but only have enough medium to grow 1 plant I was considering taking from soil from under the grass outside, mixing it with some bagged compost in the shed and planting the other germed seed because i doubt that the coco i ordered will get here in time for the 2nd seed, is that a bad idea?

I dont know if soil from outside is good enough and i'm worried about introducing insects to the grow space is this likely? Is the 600 gonna provide enough heat in march/scotland? Do I need a humidifier/dehumidifier/ what is RH?(just thought room humidity)? Do I need a humidity /RH meter/temp. meter? Should I put an upside down bottle as a humidity dome over seedling?

Thanks for reading/commenting and take care in these crazy times!

Much love!
H.

3uq0ro.jpg
3uq11a.jpg

Last edited:
Reading it back I see I wrote light feed at the end of the second line that was just to remind myself that DutchPassion says its a light feeding plant
and I was going to ask if that means i should use less feed than in the instructions..
Also is Advanced Hydroponics of Holland ok with coco/perl.

I also have bottles of other stuff.. I'll post a pic now that I know it works, I was clicking preview n nothing was happening so I clicked post n it's posted
now so i didnt proof read n correct so sorry abt that.

I put the compost cos i was asking if its ok to mix it with soil from garden n plant a seed in it just to stop from wasting the seed really and they'll be enough light for it.
Ta

3uq2oh.jpg

Also in the grow bag pic above there is a seed in the middle of it sitting by the window, it only had a 5mm \ 1/4" tap root and I was gonna put in under the light tomorrow - do i need to or should i let it break surface at the window for a few days? Hope i can get a reply in the next 48hrs :p

Much love
H.

Also in the grow bag pic above there is a seed in the middle of it sitting by the window, it only had a 5mm \ 1/4" tap root and I was gonna put in under the light tomorrow - do i need to or should i let it break surface at the window for a few days? Hope i can get a reply in the next 48hrs :p

Much love
H.
put it under the 400w bulb now for the first few weeks keep it at least 3ft away for humidity put a dome on it for the first week untill you figure a way to raise the rh as for the light feeding it means it dosnt like a hotter feed say a normal plant might go to 1.5-1.8 these will probably go to like 1.2 e.c you will have to find out i can give you a few more tips tomorrow when iv im not so baked

Thanks for the rapid reply! Im so impressed and thankful at such a helpful reply in a short space of time, and an AFN staff member no less :D

I'll put up the 400 tomorrow - will i need a fan for the first few weeks and will I need a heater if its gonna go below 20celcius/70 farenheit?

Ta
Much love
H.

Thanks for the rapid reply! Im so impressed and thankful at such a helpful reply in a short space of time, and an AFN staff member no less :D

I'll put up the 400 tomorrow - will i need a fan for the first few weeks and will I need a heater if its gonna go below 20celcius/70 farenheit?

Ta
Much love
H.
no problem thats what we are here for personally i wouldnt worry till the temps get below 15-16c not ideal just some slower growth the low humidity is a bigger problem i just built a small 70x70x90cm veg box first night rh got as low as 30% so i hung up a small towel with the bottom part in a bowl of water raised it up to 60% for a bigger space try hanging a damp towel on one of the walls just make sure it cant fall and theres airflow across it

Ok thanks will do!

I should never of asked a community of cannabis users to read such a lengthy first post total rookie mistake.

I should never of asked a community of cannabis users to read such a lengthy first post total rookie mistake.
any more questions just ask il try help i i can

Back