I am very excited to see what atomic and widow bomb can do under the sun! I got turned onto bomb seeds a few years ago by a local buddy of mine. He grew the big bomb and it was exceptionally mold resistant and had really nice big fruity stinky potent buds. After I did a bunch of research on Bomb and found only positive things I went for it!!
KA-BOOM!!

To further extend @Waira 's stuff on the pots. Try to make sure you have black pots...they will absorb the sun and warm up quicker(but can be a negative if it gets 80+degrees). Also try to have the plant in a location where it will get early morning sun, which will also help warm the roots and medium.

BTW I have never seen Widow Bomb or Atomic grown outdoors. @Bomb Seeds have you guys seen many bomb strains grown outdoors?

Ahhh...how much space do you have outdoors? Choosing is either a pain caused by space limitation or a luxury problem with a large collection of seeds.

I can only grow Our Lady of Chernobyl really big in a garden. On my balcony I will to have auto specialties developed by esteemed AFN brothers.
...and
I am very excited to see what atomic and widow bomb can do under the sun! I got turned onto bomb seeds a few years ago by a local buddy of mine. He grew the big bomb and it was exceptionally mold resistant and had really nice big fruity stinky potent buds. After I did a bunch of research on Bomb and found only positive things I went for it!!
KA-BOOM!!

To further extend @Waira 's stuff on the pots. Try to make sure you have black pots...they will absorb the sun and warm up quicker(but can be a negative if it gets 80+degrees). Also try to have the plant in a location where it will get early morning sun, which will also help warm the roots and medium.

I think the spot I have in mind is perfect....

The container will probably be a blue 120 L, 32 gal barrel.

You said a kiddy pool. The barrel is the closest I get! :funny:

...Well, I'm actually growing at a friend/"clients" place, a limited space back patio type area; it gets near full Sun, early morning and late afternoon shades out, especially at season's end,... size restrictions mandate 10gal max., actually been mostly 7's... I plan on 8 plants, maaaaaybe 9! :biggrin: ..... :rofl: luxury problem indeed!! I deliberately don't buy much stock, mainly because I want fresh seeds, and at this point there are so many strains I want to try, repeats are going to be rare,... Green Poison and Maine's Own Blueberry (MoB) are among them! Plus, they ain't cheap- :nono:- well usually,...photo fem's aren't as bad as auto's!

>> GS :smoking: ..good to hear your research on Bomb bares out the good rep'! I'll repeat for Dr.B's sake, I've seen a couple Bomb strains (THC and something else?) that tested into the high teen's to low 20's %THC! Big Bomb sounds better than I though,... some rumors I hear say Big Bud genetics often make for better yield but lessen potency- :shrug:

Dr.B, do you use fabric pots? It might be a great choice for you,.. all the usual benefits, and if you get those hot days, the fabric won't heat up to root roasting temp in that area exposed,... they do dry faster though, so sometimes when it's truly hot/low RH/breezy, I've also propped up a piece of plywood against the Sun side to slow down the heat-drying some! I'm staying with them personally, I love how they work- :thumbsup:

:woohoo1: kiddie pool! :rofl: You know, I've fantasized about drilling out the bottom of one, putting it on palates and filling it with mixed auto's,... it'd be perfect for reg's! :headbang:

...Well, I'm actually growing at a friend/"clients" place, a limited space back patio type area; it gets near full Sun, early morning and late afternoon shades out, especially at season's end,... size restrictions mandate 10gal max., actually been mostly 7's... I plan on 8 plants, maaaaaybe 9! :biggrin: ..... :rofl: luxury problem indeed!! I deliberately don't buy much stock, mainly because I want fresh seeds, and at this point there are so many strains I want to try, repeats are going to be rare,... Green Poison and Maine's Own Blueberry (MoB) are among them! Plus, they ain't cheap- :nono:- well usually,...photo fem's aren't as bad as auto's!

>> GS :smoking: ..good to hear your research on Bomb bares out the good rep'! I'll repeat for Dr.B's sake, I've seen a couple Bomb strains (THC and something else?) that tested into the high teen's to low 20's %THC! Big Bomb sounds better than I though,... some rumors I hear say Big Bud genetics often make for better yield but lessen potency- :shrug:

Dr.B, do you use fabric pots? It might be a great choice for you,.. all the usual benefits, and if you get those hot days, the fabric won't heat up to root roasting temp in that area exposed,... they do dry faster though, so sometimes when it's truly hot/low RH/breezy, I've also propped up a piece of plywood against the Sun side to slow down the heat-drying some! I'm staying with them personally, I love how they work- :thumbsup:

:woohoo1: kiddie pool! :rofl: You know, I've fantasized about drilling out the bottom of one, putting it on palates and filling it with mixed auto's,... it'd be perfect for reg's! :headbang:
I was recommended Bomb Seeds by @HashMaster. I have another Atomic seed and THC Bomb +/- auto genes. Grew one THC Bomb auto that molded during drying. :crying: I have them in the back of my head for the big summer comp hosted by the 'Skell, in case of males only from the very special strains I have.

I have used 5 gal pots once, but that's too small. I had White Widow in 5 gal buckets and now I want to grow it even bigger. If I'm allowed, it will be 120 L barrel. If I palce the plant in the ground, ducks and slugs may eat it and the dogs pee on it. Not all plants tolerate dog urine.

Hot summer here means around 80F. And we also always have a wind.

Ive grown a number of big bud strains, and had some great smoke from them...biggest reason I stopped growing then was their lack of resistance to mold.

Yep...if I used containers that's what I would use, a 3 foot kiddy pool on pallettes. That way you could still move it around with the tractor! :D Based on the root expansion of my plants, a plant with roots trained to go through shallow dirt horizontally will get just as big as a deep root structure. Some of the roots I see coming from the photos are as thick as pencils!

I was recommended Bomb Seeds by @HashMaster. I have another Atomic seed and THC Bomb +/- auto genes. Grew one THC Bomb auto that molded during drying. :crying: I have them in the back of my head for the big summer comp hosted by the 'Skell, in case of males only from the very special strains I have.

I have used 5 gal pots once, but that's too small. I had White Widow in 5 gal buckets and now I want to grow it even bigger. If I'm allowed, it will be 120 L barrel. If I palce the plant in the ground, ducks and slugs may eat it and the dogs pee on it. Not all plants tolerate dog urine.

Hot summer here means around 80F. And we also always have a wind.

120 liter, I say go for it! I am not sure on the soil volume, but my atomic will be in 6'X6'X18" deep worked soil.

:dammit:....tic toc tic toc.... C'mon May! :coffee:

Back