Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Six Shooter, Black Stone, Stone Dragon, Moroccan and home made hash
I intended my @BombSeeds Atomic as a mother plant, but she has become a too big girl for that. My first photo seed was this Atomic and as a complete noob with photos, I grew her too big.

IMG_1442.JPG

Now I have found a summer camp for her outdoors and taken cuttings for a new mother plant.

I still consider container size. Last summer, I used 20 L containers. Consider the current size of the plant, would a 50 L container be beneficial?

Will night temps down to 5 degr. centigrades stess her?

She will be fed with plug & pray fert plugs and bat poo when flowering starts.

@912GreenSkell, @HashMaster, your opinions are valued. Who else are Masters of the Outdoors?

Any advice regarding Atomic is highly valued.

BOOM!! Nuclear Explosion of crystal!!
Dr Babnik....this is superb! Cant wait to see how you make you with the outdoor atomic! Care to take a shot at a title, and have a battle with me? I only started my Atomic seed today...enough of a head start for you? ;)(come on buddy!...nobody wants to battle it out with the 'skell!!)

Your questions
Pot Size...damn...based on the size of that plant already the only container I can see being truly big enough would be a kiddy pool! How many daylight hours will you get on june the 21st?

Temps - continuous temps of 5 degrees can pose a bit of an issue...the occasional night of 5 degrees is a small issue, a healthy plant will shake no problem. Its multiple days straight of cold weather that are more harmful.

@912GreenSkell, let's battle!

June 21 has 17 hrs full daylight.

Do we have a set of rules for grow battles?

Now that's great news all around!! 17 hours is excellent...mine is 16.5 on june 21st, so it would be likely mine will finish a bit earlier than yours. I am pretty sure we can set our own rules for the battle. I will warn you that my atomic is going to be planted in the full sun garden, not the test garden with limited light. Just want you to know there is a pretty good chance mine will be a big girl!! ;)

Now that's great news all around!! 17 hours is excellent...mine is 16.5 on june 21st, so it would be likely mine will finish a bit earlier than yours. I am pretty sure we can set our own rules for the battle. I will warn you that my atomic is going to be planted in the full sun garden, not the test garden with limited light. Just want you to know there is a pretty good chance mine will be a big girl!! ;)
Yes, I know you have a wonderful space. I saw the pic.

We are at approx the same latitude, I understand.

Why the date June 21?
The precise times for June 21. are true dawn at 2.26 am, sunrise 4.23 am and sunset at 22.01 pm.

Hey Dr
Our infirmary friend waira is running an outdoor atomic in a 10 gallon pot this summer...how does a 3 way battle sound?

Sure! The more the merrier.

@Waira, let's see if we possible can beat the 'Skell in an atomic race.

I will try negotiating the building of an underground missile silo rather than using a mobile launch pad.

45thN here
June the 21st is the longest day of the season. From there the daylight decreases. We lose 2-3 minutes daily after the 21st.

Excellent! Between the 3 of us, we will get to see what the Atomic is capable of!! Waira, you and I have some catching up to do buddy!!

:smokeout:Hey buds! ...Ah, Dr. B', a happy Atomic accident- :rofl: excellent! I agree with GS, the pot size is flexible, the question will be how much those cold night temp's slow the rest of the train down, nutrient uptake/availability, biological activity... and the bigger the pot, the slower the warm-up will be, and so goes the plant as well! Might be better to stay on the smaller side for now, and transplant later when the nights are warmer--if even needed... :eyebrows:
I'm in for the Atomic scrum- :hump:... warning noted :biggrin:-- I'll be shooting for the "beauty" prize, not bulk! I'm looking forward to see what you make her do GS, and Dr.B' too if that works out= :growing::growing:.... I'll get going in mid-May, that's the plan so far,... still grinding over my strain choices, but the short list is there! :rofl:

:smokeout:Hey buds! ...Ah, Dr. B', a happy Atomic accident- :rofl: excellent! I agree with GS, the pot size is flexible, the question will be how much those cold night temp's slow the rest of the train down, nutrient uptake/availability, biological activity... and the bigger the pot, the slower the warm-up will be, and so goes the plant as well! Might be better to stay on the smaller side for now, and transplant later when the nights are warmer--if even needed... :eyebrows:
I'm in for the Atomic scrum- :hump:... warning noted :biggrin:-- I'll be shooting for the "beauty" prize, not bulk! I'm looking forward to see what you make her do GS, and Dr.B' too if that works out= :growing::growing:.... I'll get going in mid-May, that's the plan so far,... still grinding over my strain choices, but the short list is there! :rofl:
Ahhh...how much space do you have outdoors? Choosing is either a pain caused by space limitation or a luxury problem with a large collection of seeds.

I can only grow Our Lady of Chernobyl really big in a garden. On my balcony I will to have auto and photo specialties developed by esteemed AFN brothers.

Last edited:
Back